"ERROR", (in URL in last posted message #291, posted here on 25OCT09)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2010
      That message #291 is at:

      The INCORRECT URL I gave you there, [in point (8)], was:
      http://www.ncbi.nim.nih.gov/pubmed/16723553

      THE CORRECT URL IS:
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16723553

      ANOTHER URL, WITH MUCH MORE COMPREHENSIVE INFO, IS:

      Message #291, as posted on 25OCT09, had an "error" in one of the URLs, [in point (8)].  This "error" seems intentional, because I dragged it, (I did not retype it), so it appears that the "error" was somehow placed in the original hypertext URL.  That leads me to believe that "Someone", (? a Greeder ?), felt that this info, (linking the mechanisms of fluconazole and ibuprofen), was important enough to try to cover up.

      FYI, I'm also pasting the content of that correct URL here as follows:
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16723553

      Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2006 Jun;50(6):1967-72.

      Effects of the antifungals voriconazole and fluconazole on
      the pharmacokinetics of s-(+)- and R-(-)-Ibuprofen.

      Hynninen VV, Olkkola KT, Leino K, Lundgren S, Neuvonen PJ,
      Rane A, Valtonen M, Vyyryläinen H, Laine K.

      Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Turku
      University Hospital, Finland. vilhyn@...

      Our objective was to study the effects of the antifungals
      voriconazole and fluconazole on the pharmacokinetics of S-(+)- and
      R-(-)-ibuprofen. Twelve healthy male volunteers took a single oral dose of 400
      mg racemic ibuprofen in a randomized order either alone, after ingestion of
      voriconazole at 400 mg twice daily on the first day and 200 mg twice daily on
      the second day, or after ingestion of fluconazole at 400 mg on the first day
      and 200 mg on the second day. Ibuprofen was ingested 1 h after administration
      of the last dose of voriconazole or fluconazole. Plasma concentrations of
      S-(+)- and R-(-)-ibuprofen were measured for up to 24 h. In the voriconazole
      phase, the mean area under the plasma concentration-time curve (AUC) of
      S-(+)-ibuprofen was 205% (P < 0.001) of the respective control value and the
      mean peak plasma concentration (C(max)) was 122% (P < 0.01) of the
      respective control value. The mean elimination half-life (t(1/2)) was prolonged
      from 2.4 to 3.2 h (P < 0.01) by voriconazole. In the fluconazole phase, the
      mean AUC of S-(+)-ibuprofen was 183% of the control value (P < 0.001) and
      its mean C(max) was 116% of the control value (P < 0.05). The mean t(1/2) of
      S-(+)-ibuprofen was prolonged from 2.4 to 3.1 h (P < 0.05) by fluconazole.
      The geometric mean S-(+)-ibuprofen AUC ratios in the voriconazole and
      fluconazole phases were 2.01 (90% confidence interval [CI], 1.80 to 2.22) and
      1.82 (90% CI, 1.72 to 1.91), respectively, i.e., above the bioequivalence
      acceptance upper limit of 1.25. Voriconazole and fluconazole had only weak
      effects on the pharmacokinetics of R-(-)-ibuprofen. In conclusion, voriconazole
      and fluconazole increased the levels of exposure to S-(+)-ibuprofen 2- and
      1.8-fold, respectively. This was likely caused by inhibition of the cytochrome
      P450 2C9-mediated metabolism of S-(+)-ibuprofen. A reduction of the ibuprofen
      dosage should be considered when ibuprofen is coadministered with voriconazole
      or fluconazole, especially when the initial ibuprofen dose is high.
      PMID: 16723553 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
      PMCID: PMC1479148
      Publication Types, MeSH Terms, Substances

      ALSO SEE THE FOLLOWING URL, WITH MUCH MORE INFO, AT:
      God Bless, ITN & IDFN,
      Dave Fleming