Brady Barrows' Dilemma: A True Cure For Rosacea

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      For Everyone,
      The dictionary gives this definition of "dilemma".
      dilemma, noun : state of uncertainty or perplexity
      especially as requiring a choice between equally
      unfavorable options

      This is certainly the situation for Brady, as he puts this cure, (and himself), on "trial" in his "Diary Of (DMSO + fluconazole) Use".
      If Brady proclaims this cure as a cure, his extensive "rosacea business" immediately becomes moot and void.
      If he deceives, delays, denies, or otherwise "hedges his bets", and claims that this cure is not a cure, Brady faces the slow death that lack of good character and public dishonor bring.
      Will Brady Barrows serve all rosaceans with this cure, or will he curse them??? Only time will tell. I have done my best to be fair, in this, my coverage of Brady's "trial", thus far.

      I say this, because I have grown to respect and admire Brady Barrows, and it makes me sad, that this circumstance has put him in such a difficult position. Of course, if necessary, I will do my best to defeat him in this matter, (with God's help), but it would be so much better, if he would just "do the right thing".
      With a heavy heart, I present the facts publicly, which are neither all good nor all bad. I do this with the prayer that Brady will soon find it easier to embrace the full truth of this matter, and be willing to give up his "rosacea business" for the sake of an estimated 200,000,000 rosaceans, who continue to suffer without the knowledge that a true cure for rosacea is now easily available to them.

      Brady Barrows is the "owner" of two groups, at:

      He has definitely seemed to be going through some "mind-set changes", as his "trial" use of this treatment/cure has progressed, as at:

      URLs OF Brady's (DMSO + fluconazole) Diary:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/diflucandiary.html
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/diflucandiary2.html
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/diflucandiary3.html
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/diflucandiary4.html
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/diflucandiary5.html

      URLs ASSOCIATED WITH Brady's (DMSO + fluconazole) Diary:
      http://rosacea-control.com/html/tip.html#diflucan
      http://rosacea-control.com/html/fluconazole.html
      http://rosacea-control.com/html/davefleming.html
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/diflucandirections.html

      I admit that I have wanted the full truth from Brady, and he has allowed me to "speak very sternly" to him, in our MASSIVE amount of private email, since he started his "trial" use of (DMSO + fluconazole), over 40 days ago.
      Does Brady "plan" to find some excuse to "hang" this cure, at the end of this "trial"???

      Or is Brady Barrows just painfully "conservative" in his "approach" to the subject of a 'cure' for rosacea, as he puts it? Since a conservative attitude is probably held by most rosaceans, Brady would certainly not be alone, IF it were just "conservatism" involved in his "actions".

      If anyone had "pressed" me, (as I have privately pressed Brady), to know whether this is a cure, or just the "most effective treatment" for rosacea, (after just 40 days of use), I might have told them I did not know.... Brady is still saying that he does not 'know'.

      But he is still denying the obvious fact, that this treatment/cure is infinitely better and more effective than any other means of "control" or "treatment" for rosacea, such as the "diet" he sells.

      At the same time, he has responded quite heroically to my "private criticism", by posting my "Summarized Directions", (which his "bad example" of applying this med too often forced me to create), with a "link", at the beginning of his Diary, as at:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/diflucandiary.html
      and
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/diflucandirections.html

      BUT IS IT POSSIBLE THAT HE ONLY DID THIS TO CONVINCE HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS THAT HE IS NOT "EVIL", AFTER HIS 11-MONTH DELAY BEFORE TRYING THIS CURE???
      AND OF COURSE, HE COULD EASILY DELETE OR RADICALLY ALTER THESE VERY CRUCIAL "SUMMARIZED DIRECTIONS" AT ANY TIME...

      So just what is my problem, with Brady Barrows' "coverage" of this cure???
      Well, it's far from "perfect", TO SAY THE LEAST. :-)

      He has "over-applied" the med, and, (conveniently for delay), served as a "bad example" to all rosaceans, STRONGLY EMPHASIZING the UNNECESSARY SUFFERING he has put himself through, by ignoring my year-long "Directions" of how to apply this med, as at:
      and in many other "rosacea-cure" posts. Many posts on Brady's "rosaceans" board also contained repeated cautions against applying this med too often, such as in "rosaceans" messages #997, #1004, #1013, #1014, #1026, #1041, #1050, and others, as starting at:

      Brady Barrows obviously has a huge investment of time and energy in his "Rosacea Internet Empire" since 1998, (as I post below), so anyone should understand that he might not choose to give that up easily or quickly, even if it IS for the purpose of helping to QUICKLY alleviate the horrendous suffering of an estimated 200,000,000 rosaceans, worldwide, without REPREHENSIBLE DELAYING TACTICS.

      AND, I do not really KNOW whether he will at some future time set off some greater "propaganda bomb", in an attempt to discredit this cure completely in some way.

      Because I am rightfully apprehensive, about Brady's true, complete MOTIVES in this matter, I am still asking everyone to be very careful, and to not accept anything in Brady's "trial" of this cure without question.

      Even now, with over a year of private email with Brady, I still do not know "which way he will jump", concerning this cure for rosacea. Will he "create" some gross means of trying to alienate all rosaceans from this cure?
      Or will he continue to progress, in s-l-o-w-l-y changing his "closed mind-set", concerning the existence of ANY cure for rosacea, even though it puts an end to his "rosacea business"?

      I believe that not even God knows which way he will go, because Brady has his own "portion of responsibility" to fulfill towards this cure, as I have privately reminded him so many times.

      A very caring rosacean, (einstein_hairdo), who has had initial success with this cure, recently posted on the "rosaceans" board. You have to be able to "read between the lines", to fully understand why they posted there, (in my opinion).
      The most obvious means that Brady has "used", which will undoubtedly alienate/delay perhaps millions of rosaceans from even TRYING this cure, is that he has heavily emphasized the UNNECESSARY SUFFERING he has put himself through, by APPLYING this med TOO OFTEN.

      The "reason" he gives for doing this, is that he never even read, (or claims he has "forgotten"), the most rudimentary, EMPHASIZED May 2003 message #2, on the rosacea-cure board, (and on the "rosaceans" board, message #1013), as well as countless other posts saying the same thing, about how to apply this med.

      Only recently, in [Day Forty Two June 1] of his "Diary" does he even begin to "half-admit", that he has made a (convenient for delay) "mistake", concerning this matter, when he states, "It appears that frequent applications are not the ticket and that infrequent ones are better."

      "It appears"??? "IT APPEARS"??? So, Brady's mind is so "conflicted", about admitting that a CURE FOR ROSACEA exists, that he STILL tries to mislead rosaceans about this, even as he finally half-admits his (convenient for delay) "mistake", of applying the med too often.

      To be fair, he also uses the "plausible deniability excuse", that he was just following his "doctor's orders", (in spite of all the private email I sent him, with my obviously true claim, that his doctor had most likely never cured anyone of rosacea with [DMSO + fluconazole] before).

      The one obvious thing that his doctor assured Brady of, was that this is a benign topical medication, which of course it is. Brady certainly could not cause himself any real harm, even if he foolishly continued to apply this
      1% med twice a day.

      I happen to know from private email, that "einstein_hairdo" has been using the [FLUCONAZOLE 1% SOLUTION], (i.e. [DMSO + 1% fluconazole]), since only April 10, 2004.
      Here is a copy of einstein's May 19 post on the "rosaceans" board, as at:

      To: rosaceans@yahoogroups.com
      From: "einstein_hairdo" <einstein_hairdo@...>
      Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 16:54:58 -0000
      Subject: [rosaceans] flucanozole update - its working on me

      einstein_hairdo wrote:
      hi everyone.
      [Editor's Note - I have emphasized certain parts of this message by putting them in CAPITAL LETTERS. THESE PARTS DIRECTLY ADDRESS BRADY'S DECEPTION, (or just "convenient for delay failures"???), IN HIS "PRESENTATION" OF THIS CURE IN HIS "DIARY", IN MY STRONG OPINION. - dave fleming -]

      i wanted to let people know that the fluconazole solution is
      actually working well on my face. i have before and after photos if
      anyone cares to see....
      i have noticed a significant improvement on my face and some
      alleviation of the symptoms i suffer from ocular rosacea. prior to
      using this stuff, my eyes were sore, sensitive to light and tired
      out. now these symptoms have not completely disappeared, but have
      greatly improved.
      THE AMOUNT OF SKIN FLAKING THAT HAPPENS WHEN USING THIS TOPICAL SOLUTION IS CONTROLLABLE IF YOU REGULATE THE APPLICATIONS AND LIMIT THEM TO ONCE A WEEK.
      the amount of skin flaking that happens when using this topical
      solution is controllable if you regulate the applications and limit
      them to once a week.
      also, i use a strong facial scrub to remove the dead skin.
      i also use good face cleansers morning and night.
      my face is finally clearing up!!
      I AM GETTING USED TO THE ABSENSE OF RED IN MY CHEEKS. ITS GREAT.
      i am getting used to the absense of red in my cheeks. its great.
      i got my prescription from a dermatologist in manhattan, i am sure
      he would be willing to prescribe it to others as well.

      THE MEDICATION COST ME 50$ AND I STILL HAVE HALF A BOTTLE LEFT.
      ITS WORTH A TRY, CONSIDERING ALL OF THE OTHER REMEDIES PEOPLE
      SUBJECT THEMSELVES TO.

      the medication cost me 50$ and i still have half a bottle left.
      its worth a try, considering all of the other remedies people
      subject themselves to.
      i have no vested interest in this medication. the person i bought it
      from doesnt even know me or anything about this group.
      best,
      einstein_hairdo
      ----END OF TEXT OF EINSTEIN_HAIRDO "ROSACEANS" POST----

      Following is one example of private email I have recently received, concerning the apparent "prejudice" of Brady Barrows, against this cure. It appears that rosaceans are not as easy to fool as Brady's "conflicted mind" may think....

      techie wrote:
      [MESSAGE EDITED WITH SOME DELETIONS ONLY - dave fleming]
      Dave - thanks for your reply. I do indeed have latest firewall and anti-virus, as I am a techie in Silicon Valley. I just wanted to know how far these people might go, but I'm glad to hear the "tide" against you has waned. I also do not want my email and name published on the Internet anywhere.

      Also, just a comment, I wish Brady was following your directions to the letter - I think his over application of the suggested DMSO/fluconazole solution might deter others who are following his progress, as I do every day. I was glad to see einstein hairdo's note about keeping the applications to once a week, esp at first. I'm following the progress of anyone I can so that I can carefully, yet effectively, enter the treatment regimen. Thanks Dave and God Bless and if I get it to work (okay, when I get it to work), you can bet I'll announce it to the world, hopefully with my dr's participation.

      techie
      ----END OF TEXT OF "techie's" PRIVATE EMAIL TO Dave Fleming----

      There are so many other examples of how Brady Barrows is "misleading" rosaceans about this cure, that it is hard to define them all.
      He continues to post blase, matter-of-fact messages at both his Yahoo! groups, such as:

      In these, he has emphasized ridiculous "New Studies", (one done obviously unscientifically with just ten rosaceans, and no "control group"), as if he is two different people, or some other person is writing his "Diary".

      The emphasis is that bacteria, (and demodex mites) "may cause" rosacea, which would discredit (DMSO + an anti-fungal). Here is what Brady wrote at:

      "So who knows? Remember that really no one knows what
      causes rosacea since there are only theories on this. But depending
      on what theory you choose, this can definitely influence what
      treatment you choose to contol it."

      So it becomes quite obvious, that Brady has been grasping at straws, trying to find any way possible to confuse the issue, keep rosaceans from even trying this treatment/cure, and discredit this [DMSO + fluconazole] cure for rosacea, EVEN AS HE HIMSELF IS CURED!!!

      I was forced to answer Brady's "confusion", at:

      I had already debunked this pathetic "Study", at:

      At his rosacea-diet-group:
      Brady emphasizes these same pathetic "Studies".

      In message #2511, Brady states:
      "I am intrigued by this new cream that has shown almost
      complete erradication of demodex after 3 to 4 months of
      use (via biopsy). You can purchase this online (OTC)"

      Is this quote from the same rosacean who is experiencing the most radical improvement in his rosacea symptoms EVER, after more than 30 days of applications of [FLUCONAZOLE 1% SOLUTION]???

      Brady does "mention" this cure, buried in the middle of a "newsy" message about Hawaii and stress, as at:

      In message #2522, Brady says:
      "My rosacea is controlled
      with my diet. And I am trying another
      prescription drug to help. You can
      read my diary at this url >

      http://rosacea-diet.com/diflucandiary.html

      I am seeing some postive results
      with this prescription drug. It is a
      pioneer endeavor that requires skin
      peeling and stinging. I doubt if the
      side effects are any worse than IPL,
      but of course I don't know that for
      sure since I have never done IPL.
      I should know in time if this heals
      rosacea and will continue to report
      about it in my public diary."

      "some positive results"??? "SOME POSITIVE RESULTS"??? Talk about understating the truth!!! And note Brady's classic avoidance of the word "cure"!!! Brady's "Diary" ALREADY STATES that this prescription is "healing" his rosacea!!! So I am sorry to report, there is clear deception here.

      In his most recent post, Brady muses about "Lotus Longkou Ermicelli Spaghetti", as at:

      All these public "messages from Brady" mislead rosaceans, to ignore this cure, after over 30 days of what could only be honestly described as spectacular results, in Brady's "Diary". So Brady Barrows evidently wants to have his cake, and eat it too.

      Following are listed the results of a little "research" I did, to explore the scope of what I could find, of Brady's "investment", since 1998, in his "rosacea Internet Empire". As a "Webmaster", there is no doubt that Brady has put a lot of effort into helping rosaceans.

      And there is certainly nothing wrong with his wanting to make some profit from his work. But when a cure for rosacea appears, Brady shames himself, if he values this profit over the welfare of all rosaceans, as I believe he has, for over a year now.

      If he progresses in his struggle to give up his "rosacea business", for the sake of all rosaceans being cured, then he will certainly be infinitely more honorable than those who continue to suppress the news of this cure.

      Those individuals deserve any curses God may send against them, in my opinion.

      Bear in mind that Brady is the "owner" of two thriving Yahoo! groups, with all the involved activity and influence at both of them. Although Brady's "rosaceans" group appears to be the "Second Largest" group centered on rosacea, (with almost 600 members), I believe it is in fact the largest.

      If one looks closely at the Home Page of the "rosacea-support" Yahoo! group, with "owner" David Pascoe, one sees a blatant discrepancy. The number of messages being posted per month now, with over 4,000 "claimed members", is actually less than four years ago, when that group presumably had perhaps a thousand members or less.

      Since it is so easy to create "ghost members" on the Internet, we are led to doubt the veracity of that 4,000+ number of members claimed. But that number may draw in new members, who might believe that the 4,000+ number is accurate. To my perception, it is obvious that the 4,000+ number is not accurate, to say the least.

      In addition to Brady's two groups, the following is what I could find:
      Please bear in mind, that almost all these "web pages" have the repeated 17 header links, some also have the same 17 "footer" links, and many have the 8 header language translation links, in addition to the ones I have counted, and stated below. Commercial links are advertisements, and these are the same sort of commercial links that Brady Barrows is using on the "web pages" of his "trial" of this [DMSO + FLUCONAZOLE] cure for rosacea.

      God Bless, ITN & IDFN,
      Dave Fleming ---- LIST OF "BRADY'S INTERNET EMPIRE" FOLLOWS ----

      This first link is one of the 17 header links, on almost all pages of Brady Barrows' work in rosacea, along with the 8 language links.

      Link 1 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/diet.html
      links at the above URL:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/accept.html
      http://books.iuniverse.com/viewbooks.asp?isbn=0595228003&page=fm1
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/poll.html
      http://rosacea.ii.net/reviews.html#rosaceadiet
      (I counted 34 links supplied at the above URL.)
      http://rosacea.ii.net/reviews.html#rosaceadiet
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/buy.html
      (I counted 37 links at the above URL.)
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/diet2.html
      (I counted 31 links at the above URL.)
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/backcover.html
      (I counted 3 links at the above URL.)

      Link 2 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/support.html
      (I counted 7 links at the above URL.)

      Link 3 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/purpose.html
      (I counted 68 links at the above URL, with 12 of them being commercial in nature.)

      Link 4 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/cause.html
      (I counted 31 links at the above URL, with 8 of them being commercial in nature.)

      Link 5 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/tip.html
      (The above URL's "web page" is huge, with a whole lot of text. There are 41 "top links", which direct you down on the page, to "Rosacea News" items. I counted 141 links, with 35 of them being commercial in nature.)

      Link 6 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/comments.html
      (I counted 14 links at the above URL, with 4 of them being commercial in nature.)

      Link 7 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/books.html
      (I counted 66 links at the above URL, with almost all of them being commercial in nature, since this "web page" is selling 27 books on rosacea.)

      Link 8 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/products.html
      (I counted 18 links at the above URL, all of which are commercial in nature, selling various products for rosaceans.)

      Link 9 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/md.html
      (I counted 20 links at the above URL, 3 of which are commercial in nature.)

      Link 10 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/pre.html
      (I counted 90 links at the above URL, with 3 of them being commercial in nature.)

      Link 11 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/ipl.html
      (I counted 50 links at the above URL, with 2 of them being commercial in nature.)

      Link 12 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/non.html
      (I counted 35 links at the above URL, with 25 of them being commercial in nature.)

      Link 13 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/links.html
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/links2.html
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/links3.html
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/links4.html
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/links5.html
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/links6.html
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/linksmore.html
      (I counted 226 links at the above 7 URLs, and 14 of these links were commercial in nature.)

      Link 14 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/recip.html
      (I counted 36 links at the above URL, with all of them being commercial in nature.)

      Link 15 of 17 header links:
      http://www.rosacea-control.com/html/privacy.html
      (I counted 3 links and a lot of text at the above URL.)

      Link 16 of 17 header links:
      (I counted 4 links and a lot of text at the above URL.)

      Link 17 of 17 header links:
      (I counted 24 links at the above URL, 9 of which are commercial in nature.)