BEWARE Pharmaceutical DECEPTION !!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2004
      For Everyone,
      Wow! The plot thickens!
      On Dec. 19, 2003, a poll was placed on the "rosaceans" group board, to choose your "favorite rosacea link/URL". In it, I saw the term "Diflucan DMSO", for the first time in my life. I thought this was very odd. This term was used, instead of any of the terms I had used for this med, [FLUCONAZOLE 1% SOLUTION], during nine months, and 191 messages on the rosacea-cure board.
      The nomenclature for this med, [FLUCONAZOLE 1% SOLUTION], can be confusing, because the Pfizer Company has a "separate brand name", (i.e. Diflucan), for the drug, which has the generic name, "fluconazole".
      So, all Diflucan is Fluconazole, but not all Fluconazole is Diflucan. Therefore, it is incorrect/non-inclusive, to use the term "Diflucan DMSO", to describe [FLUCONAZOLE 1% SOLUTION], since fluconazole is the only all-inclusive name.
      To be correctly all-inclusive, it should be "fluconazole DMSO"
      During the last nine months, I have used the following terms, to name this med:
      DMSO FLUCONAZOLE,
      DMSO-FLUCONAZOLE,
      DMSO fluconazole,
      DMSO-fluconazole,
      (DMSO fluconazole),
      (DMSO-fluconazole),
      DMSO [FLUCONAZOLE 1% SOLUTION],
      [FLUCONAZOLE 1% SOLUTION],
      (DMSO + fluconazole) mixture,
      and, last but not least,
      (DMSO + fluconazole/Diflucan) mixture.
      As you may notice, my nomenclature for this med has evolved somewhat, in my efforts to clarify, and to prevent confusion.
      To make this med, your COMPOUNDING PHARMACIST simply dissolves the powdered fluconazole/Diflucan, preferably from capsules, in the liquid DMSO, (i.e. Dimethyl Sulfoxide), which looks just like water, as at:

      The resulting liquid is ONLY FOR TOPICAL USE, SINCE IT CONCENTRATES ITS POWER AT THE SITE OF APPLICATION, RATHER THAN CAUSING POSSIBLE, VERY BAD SIDE EFFECTS IN THE BODY, AS ORAL fluconazole/Diflucan IS KNOWN TO DO. To my knowledge, it is impossible to make a "pill", with the liquid DMSO in it.

      But why am I telling you all this?
      Well, on Feb. 12, 2004, I searched for the term "diflucan dmso", (with the quotation marks), at Google. There were 4,670 hits. I was shocked and confused. Was this med, (which has been so hard to get prescribed), suddenly so easily obtainable?
      I searched feverishly throughout the 4,670 hits, but they all were selling plain ORAL Diflucan pills. In all cases, the "mso" letters were in lowercase letters, like this:
      "Diflucan Dmso".
      So, what in the world does the "Dmso" stand for? Your guess is as good as mine, since it was never, ever explained. I decided that it might stand for:
      Deceptively Made Sales Offer.

      Overnight, literally thousands of websites are offering "Diflucan Dmso", but selling plain ORAL Diflucan pills, giving absolutely no explanation of what the "Dmso" means.
      Could this be a coincidence?
      And then it hit me, like a diamond bullet, right between the eyes. As Col. Kurtz, in the movie, "Apocalypse Now", marveled at the genius of those who had made the "pile of little arms", I marveled at the genius of this "Diflucan Dmso" phenomenon.
      Is it just a ruse?
      Is it a monstrous attempt to "muddy the waters" of this first-ever treatment/cure for rosacea, topically applied [FLUCONAZOLE 1% SOLUTION]?
      Is some pharmaceutical, monstrous behemoth thumbing its nose at the David, rosacea-cure group, and looking to make a dime by confusing everyone into buying plain ORAL Diflucan, to cure rosacea?
      Hmmmm, someone bring me my sling, please....

      On the positive side, perhaps Pfizer is just making a "preemptive strike", in preparation for starting nationwide clinical trials, for [FLUCONAZOLE 1% SOLUTION]. Perhaps Pfizer intends to make this "Cinderella med" available worldwide, to cure not only rosacea, but a broad variety of other skin diseases.
      Oh brother, I'm such a dreamer.
      So, is it Prince Pfizer, or Frog Pfizer?

      Do not get your hopes up too much. Here is a story I found, about the Pfizer Company's actions in South Africa, concerning its prices for critically needed ORAL Diflucan there. In a real sense, this story is even more ugly than the HIV/AIDS epidemic there. The URL is:
      <http://web.mit.edu/thistle/www/v13/4/drugs.html>

      So, which will it be, Prince Pfizer, or Frog Pfizer?
      I must say, that it is flattering to think that this small, free-group Yahoo! website, called rosacea-cure, has raised enough of a stir to deserve this "Diflucan Dmso" phenomenon. I hope it is because "someone" at Pfizer has run some preliminary trials, and knows, as I do, that [FLUCONAZOLE 1% SOLUTION] cures rosacea.
      Only time will tell, how this will play out.
      But don't take any wooden nickels, and don't buy any "Diflucan Dmso" pills, thinking that it will rid you of your rosacea. Only topically applied [FLUCONAZOLE 1% SOLUTION] will do that, and this med is only produced by COMPOUNDING PHARMACISTS, at present, although some folks are easily making it at home....
      God Bless,
      Dave Fleming