Re: [rootsradicals] footsies and more

  • N A
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 9, 2006
      Phil,
      Here are a couple of shots to look at. A tandem stoker
      stem is probably going to be your best bet.

      http://xtracycle.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=public&page=5

      Drew
      San Diego

      --- Phil Good-Elliott <poppamando@...> wrote:

      > Hello, all. I'm considering buying an SUB
      > FreeRadical and wondered if anyone has used the
      > Footsie add-ons. I have a 6 y/o son who's a bit on
      > the smallish side and his feet probably
      > wouldn't reach down to the Footsies. I've also
      > wondered if anyone's considered making an
      > add-on handlebar attachment. I could see something
      > that would attach to the seatpost,
      > extend back and up from the seatpost and end in a
      > smallish handlebar to allow for a
      > secure grip for the passenger. I could see my kid
      > holding on and feeling pretty secure,
      > versus grabbing onto the snapdeck. He currently
      > rides a trail-a-bike when I take him to
      > Kindergarten.
      >
      > I now live about a mile from my work and commute by
      > bike most days, even through our
      > Northern Indiana winters. Before taking my new job
      > in August of '05, I drove at least an
      > hour's round trip for 14 years. I'm really ready to
      > be done with car commuting.
      >
      > Thanks a bunch,
      > Phil

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Ben Rosenthal
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 9, 2006
        I'd be thrilled if Xtracycle would produce a handlebar unit for
        footsies standers and deck sitters. Sure, I enjoy when friends hold
        onto me (better than the deck or the seat post), but for smoother
        riding, sometimes I stand up, and I have to be sure not to when a
        rider needs me for his/her own balance. I would certainly be a first
        buyer of such a product!

        - Ben

        On 9 Feb 2006, at 15:21, N A wrote:

        > Phil,
        > Here are a couple of shots to look at. A tandem stoker
        > stem is probably going to be your best bet.
        >
        > http://xtracycle.com/gallery/view_album.php?
        > set_albumName=public&page=5
        >
        > Drew
        > San Diego
      • Phil Good-Elliott
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 10, 2006
          Drew, thanks much. That's exactly what I was thinking of.

          -Phil