Re: [rootsradicals] footsies and more

  • Andrew Janjigian
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 9, 2006
      That was my worry.  I'll be sticking with my grip as is. Thanks for the review.

      aj

      On Feb 8, 2006, at 9:29 PM, Ben Rosenthal wrote:

      I have a Swing Grip, Andrew, but I don't feel its designed to serve as a handlebar for anyone. I suppose it would fit on a seat post, but it hasn't felt to me to be sturdy enough for that kind of resistance.

      - Ben

      On 8 Feb 2006, at 16:58, Andrew Janjigian wrote:

      I have a clamp on threadless stem and a pair of grips on the seatpost of my XC/SM, but I was thinking about replacing it with one of these:

      Someone on the XC forum said it made a god grip, and it folds away when not in use. I was wondering if it would be sturdy enough for when I'm going 25mph or not, however. . .

      Andrew

      On Feb 7, 2006, at 7:23 PM, Phil Good-Elliott wrote:

      Hello, all. I'm considering buying an SUB FreeRadical and wondered if anyone has used the
      Footsie add-ons. I have a 6 y/o son who's a bit on the smallish side and his feet probably
      wouldn't reach down to the Footsies. I've also wondered if anyone's considered making an
      add-on handlebar attachment. I could see something that would attach to the seatpost,
      extend back and up from the seatpost and end in a smallish handlebar to allow for a
      secure grip for the passenger. I could see my kid holding on and feeling pretty secure,
      versus grabbing onto the snapdeck. He currently rides a trail-a-bike when I take him to
      Kindergarten.

      I now live about a mile from my work and commute by bike most days, even through our
      Northern Indiana winters. Before taking my new job in August of '05, I drove at least an
      hour's round trip for 14 years. I'm really ready to be done with car commuting.

      Thanks a bunch,
      Phil

      ride to believe.

      Konjac root Roots blower Ginseng root
      Root canal Root canal therapy Burdock root

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      ride to believe.

      Konjac root Roots blower Ginseng root
      Root canal Root canal therapy Burdock root

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      ride to believe.

      Konjac root Roots blower Ginseng root
      Root canal Root canal therapy Burdock root

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • N A
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 9, 2006
        Phil,
        Here are a couple of shots to look at. A tandem stoker
        stem is probably going to be your best bet.

        http://xtracycle.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=public&page=5

        Drew
        San Diego

        --- Phil Good-Elliott <poppamando@...> wrote:

        > Hello, all. I'm considering buying an SUB
        > FreeRadical and wondered if anyone has used the
        > Footsie add-ons. I have a 6 y/o son who's a bit on
        > the smallish side and his feet probably
        > wouldn't reach down to the Footsies. I've also
        > wondered if anyone's considered making an
        > add-on handlebar attachment. I could see something
        > that would attach to the seatpost,
        > extend back and up from the seatpost and end in a
        > smallish handlebar to allow for a
        > secure grip for the passenger. I could see my kid
        > holding on and feeling pretty secure,
        > versus grabbing onto the snapdeck. He currently
        > rides a trail-a-bike when I take him to
        > Kindergarten.
        >
        > I now live about a mile from my work and commute by
        > bike most days, even through our
        > Northern Indiana winters. Before taking my new job
        > in August of '05, I drove at least an
        > hour's round trip for 14 years. I'm really ready to
        > be done with car commuting.
        >
        > Thanks a bunch,
        > Phil

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Ben Rosenthal
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 9, 2006
          I'd be thrilled if Xtracycle would produce a handlebar unit for
          footsies standers and deck sitters. Sure, I enjoy when friends hold
          onto me (better than the deck or the seat post), but for smoother
          riding, sometimes I stand up, and I have to be sure not to when a
          rider needs me for his/her own balance. I would certainly be a first
          buyer of such a product!

          - Ben

          On 9 Feb 2006, at 15:21, N A wrote:

          > Phil,
          > Here are a couple of shots to look at. A tandem stoker
          > stem is probably going to be your best bet.
          >
          > http://xtracycle.com/gallery/view_album.php?
          > set_albumName=public&page=5
          >
          > Drew
          > San Diego
        • Phil Good-Elliott
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 10, 2006
            Drew, thanks much. That's exactly what I was thinking of.

            -Phil