Re: [rootsradicals] Re: greatgreengadgets.com � Blog Archive � Sport Utility Bicycle ( S.U.B.)

  • Someone Else
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2007
      I got a cargo net to use on the back of my snapdesk for any odd-shaped objects needing transport.  I've used it plenty of time in combination with 2 (yes 2) tupperware cake holders, transporting cheesecakes without harm.  Hopefully the link below works, as it's easy to stash away to carry when not in use.

      On 4/2/07, Ellen Stoune Duralia <ellen@thinkindigita l.com> wrote:
      Ok, to get it to where you need to go, first get one of those Tupperware cake containers. Run a kitchen towel around the bottom of your pie plate to act as a "bumper". Put the lid on and attach to your rack via bungee cords, making sure to use more than you need so that sucker doesn't slide around. Trust me, this can be done and your pie will arrive intact.

      The tupperware trick sounds pretty good.

      This is one of the few problems I have with carrying stuff on my xtracycle. It's perfect for stuff that doesn't care how it's oriented, but if you want something to stay flat (usually food. Pizza anyone?) it's down to bungees on the snap deck.

      I've been thinking about making a removable and stowable platform that would securely attach to the deck for this kind of thing. Has anybody already done it? Share your design?

      jeffy

      It's here! Your new message!