Re: [rootsradicals] Saddle advice for a teenager

  • Sturge
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 5, 2009
      FWIW, I have a Brooks B17 (one of the unsprung ones) on my commuter. I'd
      heard great things about them, but after about a year and around 1500
      miles (yeah, I know, easy commute, right?) it's still not achieved the
      comfort level I expected. Don't get me wrong, it's not *bad*, but I
      don't think I'd want to go touring on it. I've treated it right, not got
      it wet, Proofided (is that a verb?) it regularly, but it's still a
      rock-hard beast, and largely the same shape it was when I got it! (And
      I'm not a tiny individual). I intend to keep 'working on it', but these
      things aren't a quick fix for comfort. As with all things, of course, YMMV.
      Slightly tangentially, I might be reading more into your post than is
      there, but in my experience, when a young 'un says something like
      "something with some cushioning, but not foam", they've likely got their
      eye on some highly expensive and flashy new bit of gel-based kit, rather
      than a leather rock ;o)
      Cheers
      Ian