Accidental "center stand" for xtracycle discovered!

  • Sean Moore
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
      Not as exciting as my "headline" might imply but I have a wooden stool
      in my garage that is 20 inches high. If I rotate the drive-side pedal
      of my xtra to the top and put it on the stool, a coffee can (no. 10
      size) fits under the xtracycle-provided kickstand. The back wheel is
      then off the ground, ready for all of my repair and maintenance needs.
      It's not super stable (I wouldn't sit on it) but it's stable enough
      to wrestle with the rear wheel.

      I'm not sure if the kickstand is the xtracycle supplied length, we
      would have to wait for dr2chase to chime in on that, as I bought my
      rig from him secondhand. Of course, bottom bracket height and crank
      length will change things too.

      Thing is, I have a no-cost "center stand" for working on the rear
      wheel of my xtra and I think that's cool.

      --
      Sean Moore
      moore.sean@...