Re: Re: [rootsradicals] Re: greatgreengadgets.com � Blog Archive � Spor t Utility Bicycle (S.U.B.)

  • Pete.B
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
      I've found that the SUB Cooler (we call it an Esky* here in Australia) is perfect for getting a couple of medium pizzas home while still hot.
      You bungee the Esky down flat on top of the snapdeck and slide the Pizzas in sideways.

      Pete

      * Short for Eskimo.
      ---- Jeff Youngstrom <jeffy@...> wrote:
      > On 4/2/07, Ellen Stoune Duralia <ellen@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ok, to get it to where you need to go, first get one of those Tupperware
      > > cake containers. Run a kitchen towel around the bottom of your pie plate to
      > > act as a "bumper". Put the lid on and attach to your rack via bungee cords,
      > > making sure to use more than you need so that sucker doesn't slide around.
      > > Trust me, this can be done and your pie will arrive intact.
      > >

      > The tupperware trick sounds pretty good.
      >
      > This is one of the few problems I have with carrying stuff on my xtracycle.
      > It's perfect for stuff that doesn't care how it's oriented, but if you want
      > something to stay flat (usually food. Pizza anyone?) it's down to bungees on
      > the snap deck.
      >
      > I've been thinking about making a removable and stowable platform that would
      > securely attach to the deck for this kind of thing. Has anybody already done
      > it? Share your design?
      >
      > jeffy
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
        Doh!!!

        I never did think well in three dimensions... I have one. However, the
        meringue is rather tall (
        http://www.resourceroom.net/pcc/piefinished.jpg ) but with the right
        buffers, perhaps...