WFMU bike powered radio broadcast coming up in Brooklyn

  • ackackack.geo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2009
      Anyone close by? It looks like they are going to have at least one xtracycle there with a blender on the back. I'm coming up on the train from jersey, and sadly leaving my xtracycle at home, but you should totally bring yours!

      Subject: Bike-powered WFMU Radio Broadcast 9/28 - JOIN US WITH YOUR BIKE STUFF!!

      Hello, and happy Saturday.

      I'm writing to ask you (or someone you know) might to be a part of the world's first-ever completely mobile bike-powered radio broadcast: RIDIN' DIRTY with DJs Marty McSorley and Trent.

      We will be doing a radio show live from behind a bike, strapped to an 8-foot trailer, provided by the excellent Band of Bicycles - complete with an on-bike sound system and power generator. The show will be broadcast live on WFMU 91.1fm, and worldwide at WFMU.org.

      We have a lot of fun lined up already - mobile liquid love from Delicious Beverages, DJ sets from some of the the thousands of artsy types who live along the route, and bike-blended smoothies at McCarren park.

      But we need your help to fill in the blanks!! DO you have an amazing bike-powered invention you'd like to chat about / demonstrate on the air? Do you have a bike-themed DJ set you'd like to contribute via your iPod? Just want to caravan around and cause some trouble? Let us know how you'd like to contribute along the route.

      Here is out approximate plan, subject to change, of course.

      6 - 8pm - Picnic in Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park, under Manhattan Bridge, Dumbo
      8 - Broadcast starts, caravan heads to Commodore Barry Park (Flushing Ave at Navy Street)
      8:30 - 9 - Hang at Commodore Barry Park, with guest DJ sets, live performance
      9 - Head up Flushing Ave / Kent Ave towards.....
      9:30 (Arrive at) waterfront park at Grand Street and River Street
      9:30 - 10 Waterfront park hang / DJ / performance
      10:00 head up Kent / N. 11th Street towards...
      10:30 (arrive at) McCarren Park soccer field / track
      10:30 - 11 McCarren hang / smoothies / wrap up show

      Please email trent@... ASAP if you're interested in performing / sharing / caravaning. Please also spread the word to other bike-minded heads who might have something to share, let's make it happen for REAL!

      Any questions, lemme know.
      Love + 2 wheels,
      Trent, Marty McSorley, Band of Bicycles, + Delicious Beverages

      --
      Trent Wolbe
      trentwolbe@...