Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Show me your snapdecks!

  • Bob Matter
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 14 8:04 PM
      I have been thinking about how I am going to protect the surface of my new white pine snapdeck.  Stain and varnish?  Paint?  Last night as I was polishing my shoes I looked at the back of my Kiwi shoe polish can and read the following:

      "Other uses: An excellent stain for unfinished wood; a fine wax polish for furntiure, hardwood floors, and other wood surfaces."

      In the harsh conditions my X endures I should apply something more substantial than shoe polish, but I thought it was interesting and might be useful to others who want to protect their snapdecks economically with a small environmental footprint.

      For those of you who haven't looked yet, this is what extreme snapdeck weathering looks like:

          http://picasaweb.google.com/rjmatter/Snapdeck

      -Bob M.
      Chicago/NW Indiana