2nd Annual Xtracycle Parade in Solano Stroll

  • Rick | Xtracycle, Inc
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2009
      Hey RootsRads,

      We're organizing another parade for Solano Stroll this year and you're all invited!  Hope to see you there.

      After the parade we're rolling down to Oakland for the WOBO Bike Love Swap.

      Rick

      ---

      2nd Annual Xtracycle Parade!
      Solano Avenue Stroll, September 13th, 2009

      The familiar stroll is back for its 35th year and we're stoked to stroll, en masse with you. We're celebrating "Family" as our theme, and hope you can bring a family member, or friend, along for the ride.

      Of course, we may get some new family friends hoping onboard for rides as we cruise the mile-parade route showcasing our fun, mobile, every day adventure mobiles.

      Feel free to decorate your rig in festive colors, or goofy costume.

      The Parade starts at 10:00AM.

      We'll be meeting and staging on Fresno Street in Berkeley, between Solano and Marin, start arriving no later than 9:00-9:15 AM, bring some potluck treats to share, we'll bring some coffee.

      From there, we willl all ride together down the 26 blocks of Solano, as we wave to the crowd and inspire them to get out and ride their bikes.

      Please RSVP, a maximum of 100 bikes will be allowed in the parade, so be sure to RSVP as soon as you can to get a spot.

      Also, if you are coming from a location a bit further afield, please indicate in the RSVP comments section of this evite if you would be willing to carpool with other Xtracyclists from your area and, if so, how they can reach you.

      After the Parade is over...
      We'll be riding over to Oakland for the Bike Love Swap Meet

      We'll actually have a booth there from 8AM-2PM, but those of us in the Solano Stroll will be riding from the parade, across Berkeley and into Oakland at a fun, leisurely pace.

      The swap meet sponosors the work of Walk Oakland Bike Oakland.

      We hope to see you there! Ride on,

      Xtracycle

      ---

      Solano Avenue Stroll
      Fresno Street between Solano Avenue and Marin Street
      Berkeley and Albany, CA US
      Sunday, September 13, 8:00AM to 11:00AM    Add to my iCal Calendar
      888-537-1401

      --
      graphic structuralist | rick@...
      888 537 1401 x709 | the original longtail company