Re: [rootsradicals] Stuck Kickback Legs

  • Rick | Xtracycle, Inc
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 2, 2009
      Hey Jonathan,

      Did you get the new KickBack leg and body?

      Cheers,
      Rick

      On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 4:36 PM, fblack947 <fblack947@...> wrote:

      Any hints on how to get the adjustable legs on the KickBack loose?

      I made a minor adjustment to my FreeRadical and now need to elongate the length of the KickBack legs.

      No problem! They're adjustable. Sweet.

      Actually, major problem: The adjustable legs appear to have frozen themselves into the main KickBack part.

      Thoughts? Suggestions?

      ------

      On a related note, one should probably plug the two holes on the top of the KickBack, which can be seen when the KickBack is in the retracted position. I'm guessing that water and dirt entering these holes haven't helped my situation, even though I run with fenders.

      -Jonathan
      Cleveland, OH

      --
      graphic structuralist | rick@...
      888 537 1401 x709 | the original longtail company
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 3, 2009
        Hi Jonathan,

        Try and make something like an oil filter wrench and twist it out.

        Check here if you're not sure what I'm talking about:
        http://www.rvtoyoutlet.com/c-listall/p-RVT1054.html

        Suggestion:
        - get a leather belt and wrap it around itself on leg so it tightens on itself
        - figure out some way to put a loop on the end or use the buckle
        - put pry bar through loop and turn/twist leg
        - Also, I'd put the remover high up on the leg next to the kick-back so you don't bend the leg.

        When/if you get the legs out make sure and put grease on when you reinstall the legs..

        Good luck,
        AC