Re: [rootsradicals] Different e-assists

  • Carl Ray
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
      Hello,

      E-assist has it's place bridging the gap of Car and bike. With a small adjustment in life style going car free is very reachable. An e-assit X is like a freakin suburban. I made trips to home depot and mulch leaf collecting as well as Saturday morning coffee runs kicking it at Starbucks. Can't quite tow a boat, but a kayak or a ladder, you betcha!

      Morgan over at Cycle9.com is a great source for e-assist information, she is vastly knowledgeable and truly cares about the right set-up for your situation. There are pros and cons to every system set-up. She can help you look at those, and come up with an ideal system for your needs.

      Carl

      On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:20 PM, ash13brook <ash13brook@...> wrote:

      What are the different brands/models of available e-assist motors?
      Those who have them, what do you like or dislike about them?
      I think the only way I'm going to be able to get my wife to go along to the grocery store and general errand running is if i can guarantee her she's not going to have to battle a headwind in either direction. I might not be opposed to it, either.

      --
      “A plant, which is a living and breathing entity, has the ability to understand and work in synchrony with the body’s internal needs, in harmony with the vital force within us, to heal and give life”

      -Donald R. Yance