Re: [rootsradicals] Re: newbie needs advice

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 16, 2009
      On 2009-08-16, at 3:13 PM, Mark Garvey wrote:
      > The REAL trick with a Brooks is to rub it with Proofhide (also a
      > Brooks product) and I use a sparing amount of Neets foot oil, even
      > though Brooks DOES NOT recommend it. You don't want to SOAK the
      > thing, just get a little into the leather!

      Or, plan B, is Obenhauf's (I think it is a hair cheaper, and I think
      it is made in America, if that matters to you). When I first get the
      Brooks saddle, I slather it in Obenhauf's, and leave it on a rack on
      top of the furnace overnight to heat it and soak it in. I did another
      reapplication today on the bike, in the sun and heat (90 degrees) with
      a clear plastic bag over the saddle.

      Obenhauf's:

      http://www.rivbike.com/products/list/
      saddles_and_seat_posts#product=31-344