RE: [rootsradicals] Xtracycle appears in local news

  • Travers, Neil
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2009
      Message
      "Savoca said the most important safety precaution is to wear a helmet."
      but it's not!!  Cycle training, driver education, pure numbers of cyclists and design of infrastructure are all more important safety considerations.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2009
        Actually, Ben didn't say that. The newsperson did.

        He did make the dubious claim that they've saved his life multiple times, but anyway...  I thought it was pretty good overall.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10, 2009
          Yeah, Neil, people have been bugging me about that all morning. What I *had* said was that a helmet is the most important piece of safety equipment. That got lost on the editing floor and reinterpreted.

          Other than that, I thought it was a really well done segment. Not a lot of local news stations will dedicate that much time to laying out specific safety measures.