Re: patching Freeloaders?

  • David Dannenberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009
      I am having success using Gorilla tape on both sides of the tear or
      hole then applying heat (with a heat gun) to soften the adhesive and
      really make it stick.

      David
    • rabbiabrams
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009
        Thanks for the glue gun suggestions. I'd feel more confident doing that, than sewing.

        --Alan

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "lectroid94521" <rkt88edmo@...> wrote:

        > You can do quite a bit with some old denim scraps and a hot glue gun as well ($3-7 at any craft shop).
        >
        > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Alan Abrams <abayye@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey, Folks. I just noticed a hole at the bottom of one of my Freeloaders
        > > this morning. :(
        > >
        > > Any advice out there on good means of patching (for a guy who most
        > > definitely _cannot_ sew)?
        > >
        > > Thanks.

      • jrlgray
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009
          even better than a glue gun would be a tube of seam sealer from any outdoor store. REI usually has it. the stuff is really tough. you could probably even get a kit designed to patch an air mattress and use the little nylon patches.
          jim