Re: [rootsradicals] patching Freeloaders?

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
      I got a lot of mileage out of Gorilla Tape, on the inside.

      And I don't sew much, but simple sewing is not that hard. I used to
      repair my own sew-ups, long ago.

      On 2009-08-03, at 10:14 AM, Alan Abrams wrote:
      > Hey, Folks. I just noticed a hole at the bottom of one of my
      > Freeloaders this morning. :(
      >
      > Any advice out there on good means of patching (for a guy who most
      > definitely _cannot_ sew)?

    • Fred K. Aron
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
        It won't look nice, but duct tape or 90mph tape should work...that or take it to a cleaners and see what they can do...

        Here to keep the wolves at bay.
        Sheepdog

        On 2009-08-03, at 10:14 AM, Alan Abrams wrote:
        > Hey, Folks. I just noticed a hole at the bottom of one of my
        > Freeloaders this morning. :(
        >
        > Any advice out there on good means of patching (for a guy who most
        > definitely _cannot_ sew)?

      • lectroid94521
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
          You can do quite a bit with some old denim scraps and a hot glue gun as well ($3-7 at any craft shop).

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Alan Abrams <abayye@...> wrote:

          > Hey, Folks. I just noticed a hole at the bottom of one of my Freeloaders
          > this morning. :(
          >
          > Any advice out there on good means of patching (for a guy who most
          > definitely _cannot_ sew)?
          >
          > Thanks.

        • David Dannenberg
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009
            I am having success using Gorilla tape on both sides of the tear or
            hole then applying heat (with a heat gun) to soften the adhesive and
            really make it stick.

            David
          • rabbiabrams
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009
              Thanks for the glue gun suggestions. I'd feel more confident doing that, than sewing.

              --Alan

              --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "lectroid94521" <rkt88edmo@...> wrote:

              > You can do quite a bit with some old denim scraps and a hot glue gun as well ($3-7 at any craft shop).
              >
              > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Alan Abrams <abayye@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hey, Folks. I just noticed a hole at the bottom of one of my Freeloaders
              > > this morning. :(
              > >
              > > Any advice out there on good means of patching (for a guy who most
              > > definitely _cannot_ sew)?
              > >
              > > Thanks.

            • jrlgray
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009
                even better than a glue gun would be a tube of seam sealer from any outdoor store. REI usually has it. the stuff is really tough. you could probably even get a kit designed to patch an air mattress and use the little nylon patches.
                jim