patching Freeloaders?

  • Alan Abrams
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
      Hey, Folks. I just noticed a hole at the bottom of one of my Freeloaders this morning. :(

      Any advice out there on good means of patching (for a guy who most definitely _cannot_ sew)?

      Thanks.

      --Alan

      http://abayye.blogspot.com
      http://smamitayim.blogspot.com
      Reading, PA

      ?רבינו, עד כאן
      "Our Master, even this far?"
                     --brachot 61b
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
        I got a lot of mileage out of Gorilla Tape, on the inside.

        And I don't sew much, but simple sewing is not that hard. I used to
        repair my own sew-ups, long ago.

        On 2009-08-03, at 10:14 AM, Alan Abrams wrote:
        > Hey, Folks. I just noticed a hole at the bottom of one of my
        > Freeloaders this morning. :(
        >
        > Any advice out there on good means of patching (for a guy who most
        > definitely _cannot_ sew)?

      • Fred K. Aron
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
          It won't look nice, but duct tape or 90mph tape should work...that or take it to a cleaners and see what they can do...

          Here to keep the wolves at bay.
          Sheepdog

          On 2009-08-03, at 10:14 AM, Alan Abrams wrote:
          > Hey, Folks. I just noticed a hole at the bottom of one of my
          > Freeloaders this morning. :(
          >
          > Any advice out there on good means of patching (for a guy who most
          > definitely _cannot_ sew)?

        • lectroid94521
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
            You can do quite a bit with some old denim scraps and a hot glue gun as well ($3-7 at any craft shop).

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Alan Abrams <abayye@...> wrote:

            > Hey, Folks. I just noticed a hole at the bottom of one of my Freeloaders
            > this morning. :(
            >
            > Any advice out there on good means of patching (for a guy who most
            > definitely _cannot_ sew)?
            >
            > Thanks.

          • David Dannenberg
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009
              I am having success using Gorilla tape on both sides of the tear or
              hole then applying heat (with a heat gun) to soften the adhesive and
              really make it stick.

              David
            • rabbiabrams
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009
                Thanks for the glue gun suggestions. I'd feel more confident doing that, than sewing.

                --Alan

                --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "lectroid94521" <rkt88edmo@...> wrote:

                > You can do quite a bit with some old denim scraps and a hot glue gun as well ($3-7 at any craft shop).
                >
                > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Alan Abrams <abayye@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hey, Folks. I just noticed a hole at the bottom of one of my Freeloaders
                > > this morning. :(
                > >
                > > Any advice out there on good means of patching (for a guy who most
                > > definitely _cannot_ sew)?
                > >
                > > Thanks.

              • jrlgray
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009
                  even better than a glue gun would be a tube of seam sealer from any outdoor store. REI usually has it. the stuff is really tough. you could probably even get a kit designed to patch an air mattress and use the little nylon patches.
                  jim