FS: SUB built on a late '80s Bridgestone MB-3 $500

  • Spidra Webster
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2007
      After spending so much time sourcing the components, paying the bike
      store to get the handlebars ergonomic for me and working with the
      extremely patient (listmember) John Stanec who so generously helped
      me add the Free Radical, I've hit financial hard times and can't see
      a way to dig out of them without selling some of the beloved bikes
      that helped get me in trouble in the first place.

      The FreeRadical is practically new. The FreeLoaders are used. I
      received them missing some of the matching snaps and I can either buy
      them and get them on before giving the bike to you or I can let you
      buy them from xtracycle and knock the appropriate amount off my
      asking price. The Snap Deck is a bit worn looking. I was going to
      refinish it and do a custom paint/varnish job on it but now I have to
      let it go.

      The Bridgestone frame is a gem (though odd-looking cosmetically).
      Lugged steel. It's got Kalloy adjustable handlebars for the most
      ergonomic upright ride I could get. Grip shifters. I'm six feet and
      it fits me although it might fit a taller rider even better. I can
      take notes on components and take pictures for any serious buyers. I
      prefer a local buyer simply because it's easier than shipping, but I
      can sell it to someone farther away if they want to pay packing and
      shipping on top of the selling price.

      I hope to return to the Xtracycle family as soon as I can get past my
      financial difficulties. Maybe by then I can save up enough to
      commission a dedicated recumbent longtail made to fit the FreeLoaders.

      Spidra Webster, Berkeley, CA

      http://www.myspace.com/meganlynch