MUSICYCLE tour Canada...

  • belafleck2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2007

      Hello all,

      I am new to the forum and wanted to ask for some input. This summer I will be doing a crossCanada Music/Cycling tour. From British Columbia to Nova Scotia, 6500km with guitar and camping gear. At the moment we have about 40 gigs booked so it is pretty exciting!

      I must admit that I just found out about the Xtracycle today and will hopefully be testing one soon, I think it will be the prefect way to haul gear. I have done bike trips through Mexico, Eastern Europe, and Canada's Atlantic provinces so I have lived on a bike before as cycling is my second love after music.

      What I would love to hear are peoples ideas/links and anything else that might be of interest for an event like this. There are links below about the tour and the dates if you are interested. We are hoping to pair up with other cycling/alternative transport/environmental groups along the way so any info on any of these ideas would be greatly appreciated!

      Cheers

      Derek

       www.derekolive.com

      www.myspace.com/derekolive

      infoATderekolive.com

      Thecross Canada MUSICYCLE TOUR 2007 with Johnny Eden

    • Nate Byerley
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2007
        Derek,

        For years, the Juice Peddler's been peddling bike blenders to Xtracycle customers.  We're moving into a broader range of offerings this year including human powered audio equipment and bike blenders for any bike.

        We just recently put up a video on our website of prototyping a human powered PA for our featured musician (also soon to leave on a southwest US bike tour, Gabe Dominguez of Shake your Peace)

        Don't know if any of the above is of interest to you, at the very least you in particular should appreciate the human powered PA and Gabe's music.

        Let me know if you have any questions!

        Regards,