Re: [rootsradicals] Digest Number 1192

  • Doug Van Cleve
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2009
      True, there are other Long John type cargo bikes available and I am not a huge fan of going Taiwan built when there is a domestic alternative.  That said, the Bullitt is much sportier and much lighter than anything else I know of like it.  It is at least 20 pounds lighter than the CETMA and it is probably less expensive than any of those except maybe the CETMA (not sure about the HPM).  Too bad the shipping is such a killer, although there are two dealers in the midwest.

      Doug

      1a. The Bullit Cargo Bike
          Posted by: "Bruce Alan Wilson" bruce_alan_wilson@... larryu81
          Date: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:56 pm ((PDT))

      If you want a long-john configuration, the CETMA Cargo Bike, the HPM Long Hauler, the Metrofiets, and the Bilenkey are all made here in the USA; no need to go to Denmark!

    • frozen_bike
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
        Having riden both the Cetma and the Bullit, the Cetma is pretty sporty and rides really well loaded. Once you load a bike up with 100 pounds of stuff, it isn't as important exactly how much it weighs.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
          On 2009-06-30, at 10:07 AM, frozen_bike wrote:
          > Having riden both the Cetma and the Bullit, the Cetma is pretty
          > sporty and rides really well loaded. Once you load a bike up with
          > 100 pounds of stuff, it isn't as important exactly how much it weighs.

          Unloaded handling is still pretty important; most of the time my bike
          is merely slightly loaded, not heavily loaded.