XtraSurly?

  • Devian Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2007
      I'm so stoked!
      seems like the crew at Xtracycle is forging ahead in the vision of cultural revolution.
      Surly and Xtracycle =  Big Dummy is so win win

      being a recent Surly Pug addict
      being a recent Xtracycle convert
      being car free for the last 2.5yrs
      having given up my joe racer days, and simply enjoying life on the bike more
      the Big Dummy/Xtracycle endeavor and the fact that Surly and Xtracycle are not "dealer specific" items...
      gives access to the masses
      a huge plus in the vision
      it screams...AVAILABILITY!

      the thought that a Big Dummy complete, could be sold for 1600-2000 dollars is great.
      as compared to the notion of building on up thru my LBS and it costing $2k plus.
      thank you Surly/Xtra
      or would it be...
      XtraSurly?

      "subvert the dominant paradigm"
      cars-r-coffins
      ride you bike
      get to know your neighbors
      enjoy the environment
      divorce your car

      its all that

      with QBP being as large as it is
      the wealth of bike parts
      i can only say to the folks at Xtracycle to base the Big Dummy Complete with a durable low cost easily available parts list. LX?
      32h 3 cross wheels
      disc brakes
      a short stem
      a handle bar with sweep.