Re: [rootsradicals] a warning for Whatchamacollar users

  • Andrew Kreps
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2009
      On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:34 PM, dianedouglas8 <diane.douglas8@...> wrote:
      I wanted to give everyone with Whatchamacollars (WCMs) a little
      warning about their setup that can (and did) lead to a snaphook
      failure.  When installing/reinstalling your V-racks or Adventure
      Rails using the WCMs, BE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT YOUR RAILS ARE LEVEL.

      Thanks for the tip.  On my Big Dummy, the installation of the Free Loaders (my version of the V-racks) requires the use of a large rubber mallet.  There's just no other way for me to get it in there.  When my pounding causes the bell on my handlebars to ring due to vibration, I know I'm all the way down.  :)