Re: KickBack and Kids

  • Emily Wigley
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2009
      Whatchamacollar, lo siento

      > WMC?
      > Winter Music Conference?
      > Windows Media Center?
      > Wisconsin Mathematics Conference?

      I thought it was Wildly Mechanical Citizen.

      I don't ride my X as much as I would like to, but am attempting to
      change that! My family thinks I'm pretty goofy, but I ride it around
      our farm. I like to walk or run, but riding around to do chores in
      various locations is just wonderful. I don't go very far as the farm
      is not that big and most of my work is centrally located, but even to
      go 300-400 feet it's just more fun!

      Last week I rode to our local school board meeting. Of the 20-30
      people at the meeting two of us arrived on bikes, and a couple of
      folks had carpooled. The other cyclist is a school board member.
      His helmet is frequently a fixture on the school board table at the
      meetings. It's great! I had to leave early and so did another
      person; she was intrigued with my X, and I had fun explaining it to her.

      As I ride more and walk less, it occurs to me that riding is so much
      easier on our bodies. I've always known this, but certainly didn't
      think about it when I was young and less broken. Now that I'm not so
      young and have a funky ankle that complains bitterly with too much
      load bearing, riding is just so obviously more comfortable. It
      reminds me that folks with some knee or ankle problems really should
      get on a bicycle! Humans complain about pain, but we don't always
      relish the lack of pain or discomfort. I suppose that comes with age
      and experience, as in "you don't know what you've got till it's
      gone." ;-)

      Emily