Re: Xtracycle LLC to sell Surly Big Dummy

  • Bruce Alan Wilson
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2007
      Re: Xtracycle LLC to sell Surly Big Dummy

      For a seat, I use a no-nose, like this one:

      http://www.heartlandamerica.com/browse/item.asp?product=easyseat-adjustable-bike-seat&PIN=6819&GUID=103B9B42-DBDE-4381-8489-0280F1D4C43C&BC=S&DL=SEH1

      Far better adapted to the male body than a traditional seat, which tends to pinch and squeeze somewhere that ought not to be pinched or squeezed.

      Bruce Alan Wilson

    • Paul Rychnovsky
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2007
        for a seat, it's got to be a Brooks, something sprung like a B67

        Paul

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2007
          Hmmm... my two cents as a commuter who got the Xtra because the most
          common reason I couldn't ride someplace was that I had to carry stuff,
          but I don't usually carry *tons* of stuff.

          I think moustache handlebars would be "the bomb." (Though I typed
          "the boomb" the first time and maybe that's a better word - has a more
          womby feeling ;)) Should appeal to a wide market.

          Seats are so personal! I'd love a "buy your own seat" option; don't
          know if you should have a mens vs womens difference in seats or not.

          Lights as options, too? A la a nice hub generator wheel? LEDs to
          string around the snapdeck?

          Bud vase?

          I'm not a tecchie... my LBS dude takes care of that stuff for me.
          He's building me a generator wheel for my Xtra as we speak...