bike move

  • Joseph Ford
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2009
      hey folks. I've been mostly lurking on here for the past year and a half. I'd just like to say thanks for all the great informatioin and for all the inspiration.

      I'm actually going to share something with the group now. Someone posted a link to a Portland bike move video on youtube last fall and I got really excited about organizing one in my town. It finally happened last Saturday. It was a blast. Here's a link to the original craigslist posting to rally the troops.
      http://bellingham.craigslist.org/bik/1182700050.html

      Here's the follow up posting to keep the momentum going.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/11715101@N04/sets/72157619442070801/

      Here's a link to my pics
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/11715101@N04/sets/72157619442070801/

      Here's a link to my friends pics of the same move.
      http://picasaweb.google.com/markfinder/BhamBikeMove609

      I'm putting together a bunch of short video clips which I will post at some point too.

      The ironic thing in this is that I was stoked about finally getting to fully load up my BD. Since I ended up pulling the big Bikes at Work trailer that I borrowed from a friend and hauling the "precious cargo" I was very conservative with loading up my bike. Oh well, it was still a blast. Thanks again for all the inspiration.