Re:Horns

  • Ian Hopper
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 12, 2007
      I too have the Air Zounds airhorn. I run Nitto albatross bars on my xbike, and I recently found a solution to the mounting problem on the albatross bars. It's made by minoura and it's called the Besso. They sell it as Nashbar here: http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=&subcategory=&brand=1184&sku=13291&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=Shop%20by%20Brand%3A%20Minoura

      I mounted my Besso just in front of my right side brake lever clamp and put the Air Zounds on it and now I can hit the trigger with my thumb. Before I  had to take my hand off the grip, which sucks when you're trying to avoid an accident: now I can blast car drivers while taking evasive action! For the record, I have a bell on my left hand side for alerting peds and other bicyclists. The air zounds is LOUD (Approx 115 db) when it's turned up all the way. It IS adjustable, but not on the fly. It's real use is when it's at full force, so that's where I leave mine. The Air Zounds isn't as cheap as a little bulb horn, but you won't hear those horns through a car window with the stereo up. Mine has saved my life more than once, and it's also let a few rude motorists know what inconsiderate jerks I found them to be. ;)