Simplicity

  • charliewicker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2009
      Wanted to share my latest mods to the Xtra (see photo)

      While not sophisticated, the results are really handy. By mounting a rigid plastic box (found at a used materials handling shop in PDX) using snapdeck clips, I created a platform with which to serve coffee for my business. I made the box locking with small hardware and now I have an easy-to-use trunk that I can toss stuff in and go.

      It would be easy to do this with any rigid box. A rigid locking suitcase would be pretty sweet too.

      I've since added fat frank tires and disc brakes and the bike is pretty much dialed in, smooth and fast. Next is to add a 2nd wide loader so I can have symmetry in loading.

      Charlie