Re: big dummy in elevator

  • Philip Chase
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2009
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "lotitosylvain" <lotitosylvain@...> wrote:

      > hello everybody ,
      >
      > i live in France and want to buy a big dummy : first question : anyone who owns one in the south of France ?
      >
      > second question : i would like to know the length of the BD because i need to put it in an elevator to go to my apartment. Anyone living in an apartment with a big dummy ?
      >
      > my elevator's height is 82 inches

      You say "height" So you must be thinking of taking the bike in vertically. If you do, don't forget about the rear bridge. It will prevent you from rolling the bike on it's back wheel. Some folks have addressed this problem by attaching one or two roller skate wheels onto the rear bridge. This gives you something to roll on when the bike is vertical.

      I routinely take my BD onto a passenger elevator. The elevator is wider than it is deep so I have to angle it in. Even then it's still too narrow to straighten the front wheel. A centered elevator door is problematic for this method of loading, but the elevator at my office has a door mounted to the left side of the elevator. I back it in and it works great!

      Philip