Re: [rootsradicals] Horns

  • Pete.B
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 8, 2007
      I can highly recommend the AirZound.
      http://www.deltacycle.com/product.php?g=1

      Car drivers DO take notice ;-)

      Rgds from Oz
      Pete.B
      ---- Amos Patrick <apatrick@...> wrote:
      > Hey, I am looking into getting a air horn setup for my xTra. Any
      > suggetstions or comments?
      >
      > -Amos

    • Tim Lupfer
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 9, 2007
        On 2/8/07, Amos Patrick <apatrick@...> wrote:
        > Hey, I am looking into getting a air horn setup for my xTra. Any
        > suggetstions or comments?

        if you have a 12 volt lighting system then I'd recommend a disc style
        car horn. I mounted mine in the rear triangle and have been amazed at
        its effectiveness in deterring motorists from trying to kill me.

        I've heard good things about air horns as well.
      • Liza Mattana
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 9, 2007
          if you want big sound with little/no effort, get a honka hoota. they rule. super loud and cheap. i think they're $4.

          liza

          On 2/9/07, Tim Lupfer <tim.lupfer@...> wrote:

          On 2/8/07, Amos Patrick <apatrick@...> wrote:
          > Hey, I am looking into getting a air horn setup for my xTra. Any
          > suggetstions or comments?

          if you have a 12 volt lighting system then I'd recommend a disc style
          car horn. I mounted mine in the rear triangle and have been amazed at
          its effectiveness in deterring motorists from trying to kill me.

          I've heard good things about air horns as well.

        • nicykathryn
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 11, 2007
            I agree, the AirZound is the way to go... but near the other thumb I
            have an IncrediBell, for communicating with nearby humans not encased
            in steel and glass. I couldn't live (well, bike-commute) without both.
            -- Nic

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Pete.B" <nackterman@...> wrote:

            > I can highly recommend the AirZound.
            > http://www.deltacycle.com/product.php?g=1

          • Merlin Matthews
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 11, 2007
              I've used Airzound for some time

              http://www.deltacycle.com/product.php?g=1

              DAMN LOUD

              Can adjust down

              Pump up with bike pump

              Sweet :)

              Cheers all

              Merlin
            • Ian Hopper
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 12, 2007
                I too have the Air Zounds airhorn. I run Nitto albatross bars on my xbike, and I recently found a solution to the mounting problem on the albatross bars. It's made by minoura and it's called the Besso. They sell it as Nashbar here: http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=&subcategory=&brand=1184&sku=13291&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=Shop%20by%20Brand%3A%20Minoura

                I mounted my Besso just in front of my right side brake lever clamp and put the Air Zounds on it and now I can hit the trigger with my thumb. Before I  had to take my hand off the grip, which sucks when you're trying to avoid an accident: now I can blast car drivers while taking evasive action! For the record, I have a bell on my left hand side for alerting peds and other bicyclists. The air zounds is LOUD (Approx 115 db) when it's turned up all the way. It IS adjustable, but not on the fly. It's real use is when it's at full force, so that's where I leave mine. The Air Zounds isn't as cheap as a little bulb horn, but you won't hear those horns through a car window with the stereo up. Mine has saved my life more than once, and it's also let a few rude motorists know what inconsiderate jerks I found them to be. ;)