Re: From the department of slightly-stupid questions

  • David Dannenberg
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15 12:42 PM
      I would probably advise you to get a 20". I don't know what PBH is,
      but if it is inseam, definitely get the 20". I am a hair under 5'10"
      with only a 32" inseam and got the 18" which is fine, but a 20" would
      have worked. I do though have very long arms--most of my bikes have
      stems at least 3" long. So consider your arm length as well. And
      consider who else will ride the bike. If your SO is a lot smaller than
      you, get the smaller frame. My wife is almost as tall as I am with a
      much longer inseam, but much shorter arms. She can ride the BD as set
      up fine (but we change the stem if she captains our tandem rather than
      I). I know that the 16" would be uncomfortably small for me, mostly
      due to the shorter top tube.

      Confused now?