RE: [rootsradicals] Contrail - Artistic Biking Community Tool

  • Mighk Wilson
    Message 1 of 37 , May 9, 2009
      The promoters claim it will show other riders how/where to ride safely, but how many cyclists who'd be using this thing actually know how?  What if they all ride in the gutter?  The copy said "ride safely and out of the way of vehicular traffic."  Well, being "in the way" is often the safest way to ride.

      I ride based on well-established principles based on years of research and experience of thousands of other experienced cyclists, and get criticized for it by people who don't know better.  The problem is that most people don't know how to bike properly, and this thing will do little to teach that -- and may do the opposite if it's used mostly by novice riders.

      Mighk Wilson
    • geoffabbas
      Message 37 of 37 , May 11, 2009
        reminded me of an article i saw awhile back.
        not even hopscotch boxes are safe...
        http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/30/40/30_40graffitigirl.html

        GEOFF