WORKING ON XTRACYCLE INSTALLATION

  • gary green
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2007
      I am working on installing my new xtracycle (freeradical?) by myself on
      a relatively new Giant Cypress ST hybrid type $210.00 bike. I am very
      slow in completing the job but have finished enough of the installation
      to allow me to test ride the bike. Very interesting. I purchased the
      hybrid frame xtracycle to use with 700c x 38mm wheels both front and
      rear. Unloaded, the bike rides nice with stiffness in the frame and a
      change in the angle of attack while turning a corner. But i like the
      feel of the steering change - it feels a little safer or something.
      The rear wheel is aligned very straight with the rest of the bike frame
      as far as i can tell. I put the chain on as is without adding or
      removing any links. The derailleur is out of adjustment by quite a
      bit. Replacing the shift cable was somewhat of a mess because a small
      part fell out and i do not really understand how it is supposed to
      work. It is a grip-shift type shifter. But no big deal if i cannot
      get it to work i will take the bike to local bike shop and maybe
      mechanic can make right. As far as i can tell based on my 20 minute
      test ride a hybrid bike is a good choice for use with the xtracycle but
      i will have to load on a bunch of groceries or something to really see
      how it will work out.