Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Sale on at REI

  • jj
    Message 1 of 15 , May 5, 2009
      erm...foot flex?

      I found that crocs were AWESOME for riding in. I have stiff shoes: they are Wesco John Henry's and Wesco Packers. I wear crocs when i am looking for comfort, or out for a quick ride to the doctor 3 miles away.

      Then again, I have very wide pedals. Boots aren't comfortable for biking without wide pedals, and I ordered mine special -- I think they cost 20$ or so, and are rebuildable.

      JJ

      dianedouglas8 wrote:

      The problem with Crocs, (yes, even the thicker-soled Rx versions) is that the sole is way too flexible. You would need to be riding with monster-width pedals to avoid the foot flex you have riding in Crocs. BTW, I'm not a Crocs hater. I'm on my third pair, but use them exclusively for lounging around the house.

      Scott

      --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, jj <jj@...> wrote:

      > They aren't for clipless, but try Crocs.
      >
      > The ventless are GREAT for wet riding, especially with thick wool socks.
      >
      > Otherwise, I wear Wescos. Not light, but they last for 10+ years a pop.
      >
      > jj
      >
      > Rick Pickett wrote:
      > >

      > > re: Keen Commuter Sandals
      > > They're also heavy and make my feet feel like dead weights are
      > > attached to them. Still lacking IMO.
      > >

      > > On May 5, 2009, at 5:34 AM, Dave Lloyd wrote:
      > >

      > >> The Keen Commuter sandals are great if you're in to SPD compatible
      > >> shoes (I've begun switching back to flat pedals everywhere). Great
      > >> for riding and very comfy to walk in. The only downside I've noticed
      > >> is that if you slide the cleat all the way to the back like I do,
      > >> then its pretty close to the rubber sole, so you may lose a bit of
      > >> float. On some flat pedals (notably Grip Kings), the cleat slides on
      > >> top of the pedal, but that may be all SPD shoes.
      > >>
      > >> --dlloyd

    • thecollinscenter
      Message 2 of 15 , May 6, 2009
        Doug,

        I apologize if you already received this...have you sold the xtracycle yet? I'm very interested in a used 700c frame. Would the freeloader stuff be included? Let me know if it's available, b/c I'm very interested! Email me at trent@....

        Thanks,

        Trent