Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Sale on at REI

    Message 1 of 15 , May 5, 2009
      When I was a kid, I just rode barefoot.
      Shoes just make my feet stink.

      On 2009-05-05, at 1:29 PM, dianedouglas8 wrote:
      > The problem with Crocs, (yes, even the thicker-soled Rx versions) is
      > that the sole is way too flexible. You would need to be riding with
      > monster-width pedals to avoid the foot flex you have riding in
      > Crocs. BTW, I'm not a Crocs hater. I'm on my third pair, but use
      > them exclusively for lounging around the house.
      >
      > Scott

    • jj
      Message 2 of 15 , May 5, 2009
        erm...foot flex?

        I found that crocs were AWESOME for riding in. I have stiff shoes: they are Wesco John Henry's and Wesco Packers. I wear crocs when i am looking for comfort, or out for a quick ride to the doctor 3 miles away.

        Then again, I have very wide pedals. Boots aren't comfortable for biking without wide pedals, and I ordered mine special -- I think they cost 20$ or so, and are rebuildable.

        JJ

        --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, jj <jj@...> wrote:

        > They aren't for clipless, but try Crocs.
        >
        > The ventless are GREAT for wet riding, especially with thick wool socks.
        >
        > Otherwise, I wear Wescos. Not light, but they last for 10+ years a pop.
        >
        > jj
        >
        > Rick Pickett wrote:
        > >

        > > re: Keen Commuter Sandals
        > > They're also heavy and make my feet feel like dead weights are
        > > attached to them. Still lacking IMO.
        > >

        > > On May 5, 2009, at 5:34 AM, Dave Lloyd wrote:
        > >

        > >> The Keen Commuter sandals are great if you're in to SPD compatible
        > >> shoes (I've begun switching back to flat pedals everywhere). Great
        > >> for riding and very comfy to walk in. The only downside I've noticed
        > >> is that if you slide the cleat all the way to the back like I do,
        > >> then its pretty close to the rubber sole, so you may lose a bit of
        > >> float. On some flat pedals (notably Grip Kings), the cleat slides on
        > >> top of the pedal, but that may be all SPD shoes.
        > >>
        > >> --dlloyd

      • thecollinscenter
        Message 3 of 15 , May 6, 2009
          Doug,

          I apologize if you already received this...have you sold the xtracycle yet? I'm very interested in a used 700c frame. Would the freeloader stuff be included? Let me know if it's available, b/c I'm very interested! Email me at trent@....

          Thanks,

          Trent