Re: [rootsradicals] Sale on at REI

  • Drew
    Message 1 of 15 , May 5, 2009
      Thanks for the heads up.
      I want a set of those Keens. Not sure they will work with Time mountain cleat.
      Do the soles flex or are they stiff?
      Drew

      I'm cycling from SF to LA May 31st-June 6th, to fight HIV/AIDS.
      Help me get there! check out http://www.teammidnightridazz.com/drew

      --- On Tue, 5/5/09, Fred K. Aron <inluvwithsara@...> wrote:

      I do not work for rei, but I felt it might help folks to know they are having a pretty significant sale on alot of bike stuff...picked up Keen Commuter sandals and shimano a530 pedals for $30 and $25 off...the sale ends on May 10th.
      http://www.rei. com/promotions/ anniversarysale/ cycling

      Sorry if some of you feel like its advertising for them, just trying to help.

    • dianedouglas8
      Message 2 of 15 , May 5, 2009
        The problem with Crocs, (yes, even the thicker-soled Rx versions) is that the sole is way too flexible. You would need to be riding with monster-width pedals to avoid the foot flex you have riding in Crocs. BTW, I'm not a Crocs hater. I'm on my third pair, but use them exclusively for lounging around the house.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 15 , May 5, 2009
          When I was a kid, I just rode barefoot.
          Shoes just make my feet stink.

          On 2009-05-05, at 1:29 PM, dianedouglas8 wrote:
          > The problem with Crocs, (yes, even the thicker-soled Rx versions) is
          > that the sole is way too flexible. You would need to be riding with
          > monster-width pedals to avoid the foot flex you have riding in
          > Crocs. BTW, I'm not a Crocs hater. I'm on my third pair, but use
          > them exclusively for lounging around the house.
          >
          > Scott

        • jj
          Message 4 of 15 , May 5, 2009
            erm...foot flex?

            I found that crocs were AWESOME for riding in. I have stiff shoes: they are Wesco John Henry's and Wesco Packers. I wear crocs when i am looking for comfort, or out for a quick ride to the doctor 3 miles away.

            Then again, I have very wide pedals. Boots aren't comfortable for biking without wide pedals, and I ordered mine special -- I think they cost 20$ or so, and are rebuildable.

            JJ

            dianedouglas8 wrote:

            The problem with Crocs, (yes, even the thicker-soled Rx versions) is that the sole is way too flexible. You would need to be riding with monster-width pedals to avoid the foot flex you have riding in Crocs. BTW, I'm not a Crocs hater. I'm on my third pair, but use them exclusively for lounging around the house.

            Scott

            --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, jj <jj@...> wrote:

            > They aren't for clipless, but try Crocs.
            >
            > The ventless are GREAT for wet riding, especially with thick wool socks.
            >
            > Otherwise, I wear Wescos. Not light, but they last for 10+ years a pop.
            >
            > jj
            >
            > Rick Pickett wrote:
            > >

            > > re: Keen Commuter Sandals
            > > They're also heavy and make my feet feel like dead weights are
            > > attached to them. Still lacking IMO.
            > >

            > > On May 5, 2009, at 5:34 AM, Dave Lloyd wrote:
            > >

            > >> The Keen Commuter sandals are great if you're in to SPD compatible
            > >> shoes (I've begun switching back to flat pedals everywhere). Great
            > >> for riding and very comfy to walk in. The only downside I've noticed
            > >> is that if you slide the cleat all the way to the back like I do,
            > >> then its pretty close to the rubber sole, so you may lose a bit of
            > >> float. On some flat pedals (notably Grip Kings), the cleat slides on
            > >> top of the pedal, but that may be all SPD shoes.
            > >>
            > >> --dlloyd

          • thecollinscenter
            Message 5 of 15 , May 6, 2009
              Doug,

              I apologize if you already received this...have you sold the xtracycle yet? I'm very interested in a used 700c frame. Would the freeloader stuff be included? Let me know if it's available, b/c I'm very interested! Email me at trent@....

              Thanks,

              Trent