Re: [rootsradicals] Kickback carpet problem

  • Dave Lloyd
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 27, 2009
      I've noticed the carpet slipping off my kickback (mounted on a regular ol' freeradical, not a big dummy). Additionally, the carpet is just about worn out.  After flipping the carpet around (it was primarily worn on one side), I noticed that there is a scratch and a small dent in the bottom stay of the free radical.  Would the SS plate also work for freeradicals, or do I need to fab something myself?

      --dlloyd

      On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 15:12, Rick Pickett <rick.pickett@...> wrote:

      They're in final production stage in Taiwan right now, we're going to try and AirShip a number of them so we don't have to wait for the container to motor over.

      I'm rocking' the prototype right now and it's doing a fine job and hasn't fallen off once, and I bang my Dummster around.

      Rick

      .

    • Rick Pickett
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 27, 2009
        Dave,

        Just to get your message clear, you're using your KickBack on a FreeRadical, correct?

        If so, you need not use the carpet pad.  The plastic TacoBushing should fit on the FreeRadical bottom stay.

        Here's the link to the PDF installation manual for KickBack:

        And I uploaded an image highlighting the Taco Bushing that I'm talking about:

        If you don't have a Taco Bushing, you may have been incorrectly sent a Big Dummy Version KickBack instead of a FreeRad one.  If this is the case, give us a call at 888.537.1401.

        Cheers,
        Rick

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 28, 2009
            I don't know what the xtracycle version will look like
            but after seeing the design on picasa, yours is
            quite elegant. I especially like the T shape as
            it keeps the kick plate from shifting either
            forwards or back or from rotating on the bar.
            I am curious what type of rubber backing you
            used and where you got it.

            thanks

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, David Dannenberg <ddannenberg@...> wrote:

            > Here is the link to pix of the solution I rigged: http://picasaweb.google.com/daviddannenberg1/KickbackSupportBracket#
            >
            > Works well. I think the stainless steel one from Rick & Co. will
            > likely be more elegant.
            >
            > That clay stuff sounds interesting for other applications. What is it
            > called?
            >
            > David Dannenberg

          • David Dannenberg
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 28, 2009
              Glad you like my design. You understand the T concept exactly.

              For padding I used a piece of neoprene that I had in the attic--part
              of an old kit for making whitewater mittens back in the early '80s I
              think. Old wetsuit material would work, any kind of fairly stretchy
              but tough foam would work. A piece of heavy inner tube or old bike
              tire might do it also.