Re: The Bike to go with the X

  • baby_igor_zither
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 24, 2009
      Hi,
      I recently installed a 2.35 big apple on my rear wheel after enjoying one on my front wheel for about a month now. I use a Roller brake so I had no issue with brake pads, but I had a big problem with my kickback which was rubbing the tire in a bad way. It was late and I was tired but I needed to be able to ride into work the next morning. My quick fix was to tie a length of twine between the tongue of the freeradical and the leg of the kickback such that the kickback would stop just short of the tire. This managed to get me to work, and halfway back before it failed. I'm imagining a more permanent solution involving a bit of wood hose clamped to the front bridge with a nut set in it and a bolt running thru that would function like a dérailleur limit screw.

      Long story short, Fat tires are dope, but they can cause issues.

      -Z