Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Rain Gear ( was Re: Howdy from Chicago)
- I've got a suspension fork with no fender mounts too (it does have a
screw at the arch). I've had good luck with just using a couple of
zip-ties to attach the fender stays. Front fender makes a HUGE
difference in the wet.
On 2/7/06, Gauk <akiragauk@...> wrote:
> I second the Gore-Tex. I live a measely 2 miles away, so I wear my
> (work) steel toes as they're both waterproof and wicking. The soles
> are stiffer than sneakers, too. Wool socks are a must if it gets truly
> cold. I've got a fender on the back, but nothing on the front as there
> are no fender mounts. Still debating half-fender vs. new fork. I've
> got a Bright, BRIGHT headlight - Busch & Müller Ixon 1 watt LED (14
> Lumen for 6 hours). http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/b&m.asp
> --Gauk, akiragauk@...
- After ~10 years of riding in Gore-Tex jacket and pants from Nashbar/Saucony, I've decided that Gore-Tex is not the preferred material for rain/snow riding for me. It's not waterproof by any stretch of the imagination. My shoulders get wet after ½ hour in a steady rain. It is a good windbreaker, holding up in temps well below 0F. The pants also begin to soak through in the thighs after ½ hour. It's fairly stiff compared to some other fabrics. It requires special washing--powder only, no softener, and you will be asked to wash the clothes 3 times in succession if you have a problem with its waterproof-ness. I've recently purchased a Burley Rain Rider jacket. More supple material, but it's not been subjected to harsh conditions yet. It has provided good windbreaker service.
X/SM rider in Madison, WI
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of TheJonesgal@...
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Rain Gear ( was Re: Howdy from Chicago)
Thanks for the headlight info and seconding the goretex.
I really do need a brighter light so I'll look for one.
You're getting this message because you signed up to be an Xtracycle roots radical.
To Post a message, send it to: email@example.com
ride to believe.
Root canal therapy
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
* Visit your group "rootsradicals" on the web.
* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.