Looking for X or BD owners in DC

  • watrout
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2009
      I'm planning on traveling to Washington DC over the weekend of June 6th. My wife has a conference there so I'll have 1 or 2 days by myself and my 2 year old daughter. I thought it might be fun to do some touristy things by bike, but I have the feeling that renting a bike & some sort of kid hauler might be a major pain - so here's my questions:
      1. Is touring DC by bike a doable proposition?
      2. Are there any bike rental stores that might have an Xtracycle or Big Dummy for rent in this area?
      3. If answer to question #1 is yes & #2 is no: is there anyone on this board who would be willing to rent me their X or big dummy?

      If I can get a hold of a loaner X/BD I would just bring my home-made kid seat with me - I could break it down enough to make it fairly easy to travel with. If anyone here would be interested in having a kid seat of their own I would probably be willing to make a trade - a custom made kid seat for a couple days of borrowing your bike. Take a look if you're interested -- http://www.flickr.com/photos/31290700@N06/sets/72157615483094439/

      Thanks,
      Wes