Re: [rootsradicals] Day 6/xtracycle

  • phaedrus
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24 11:51 AM
      *nod* I think most people wouldn't need one. It was definitely
      overkill for me as well.

      After my BD got beat up by an inattentive motorist, I didn't have them
      put a rack on the rebuild as I only used it once. Even then, it was
      pretty much only to prove that I _could_ carry that much stuff. It
      sure was a lot of stuff though :)

      Oh, there was one cool thing about it (besides ridiculous loads) - if
      I was unsure about the weather, I could put waterproof panniers on and
      put the stuff that really couldn't get wet up front. Yeah, I could
      tarp or dry bag the back (and do), but the panniers were a bit more
      simple and elegant. They seemed to catch a lot of wind though, so I
      generally left them off.

      - phaedrus