Fwd: [rootsradicals] Want to haul an extra bike with my X - need design ideas

  • Ian Hoffman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2009
      (oops, meant to get this to the group, not just Wes)

      I'm looking to do a bike transport as well, want to be able to take my
      trials bike with me via the X to the park or wherever. Lots easier to
      ride the X a few miles than a trials bike.

      What I'm looking at is mounting a basic fork mount off the back of the
      Xtracycle frame. Something like you'd see that can bolt to the edge of
      a truck bed. Take the front wheel off, mount the fork in there, stash
      the front wheel freeloaders.

      The trailed bike should be nice and solid, with minimal wiggle, and
      good trail since the front end won't be raised up much, if any, above
      normal.

      -- Ian