Re: Video of "Firefly Big Dummy"

  • tytanup
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 9, 2009
      You need a "Li-Fe-PO4 is good" t-shirt.

      Maybe someone on this board who's good w/ graphic tools could whip up
      something in the way of SIMILAR logo as the Life is good company.

      Just a thought.
    • Rick Pickett
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 9, 2009
        speaking on logos and graphics, did some imagining of a RootsRad logo, can I get some feedback or direction on what the group thinks?

        I like playing on the length of a longbike.... some tagline, did one...

        Thanks!

        Rick

        PS And any other graphically talented peeps out there, share your vision too, por favor!
        PPS The lines in the tires would disappear on any final rendition.

      • Carl Ray
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 9, 2009
          Love the video! Chipmonk's have never sounded better - Alvin is my Favorite.

          On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Morgan <mcgurme@...> wrote:

          This video will probably annoy some, amuse others:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlueDyi2-Lw

          Originally it was too long, so I sped it up until I sounded like a chipmunk. It makes
          the video faster paced, and my daughter thought the voice was a hoot, but
          the video is still too long - and now you have to listen to a chipmunk. The
          first time I posted it, someone on YouTube gave it a one star rating :( I removed it
          because the video quality was poor on that iteration, and I played around with
          it so that it is better now (especially if watched in "high quality" mode).

          I go over the Firefly Big Dummy with the eZee electric kit in front, and Nuvinci hub
          in back. Shows off the Sweetskinz tires, Nuvinci shifter, and etc....

          Of course, it is already out of date (I filmed it in early December). I've since upgraded
          to the new I-Ride pro stereo (far superior to the original), and made other tweaks
          to the configuration. What bike geek doesn't mess around with their ride?

          To those of you who are predisposed to enjoying such things, enjoy!

          Morgan

          PS - BIG THANKS to Mark H for letting me use his music tracks in the video

          --
          Carl

          http://xtracycle.blogspot.com

          "Our planes and automobiles have made it possible for us to go anywhere and see nothing, but our simpler, slower means of conveyance, our feet and our bicycles and wind-powered boats, still connect us to this earth that is not ours to master, but to treasure."

          Kent Peterson
          http://kentsbike.blogspot.com/

        • Morgan
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 10, 2009

            Posted by: "tytanup" blue73thing@...   tytanup

            Mon Feb 9, 2009 11:51 am (PST)

            You need a "Li-Fe-PO4 is good" t-shirt.

            Maybe someone on this board who's good w/ graphic tools could whip up
            something in the way of SIMILAR logo as the Life is good company.

            Just a thought.

            Now that would be great!  Maybe I'll have to do something with that - with due credit to you of course.

            Best regards
            Morgan

          • Carl Ray

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 12, 2009

                Rick,

                            I checked out those RootsRadical logos when you first wrote about it. I have some ideas. I love logo/trademark design stuff. I just have not had the time to focus on giving you a respectful response.

                            One simple modification involves the 2-A design. In between the reverse and normal Rs there is some negative space. Well, I thought it would be interesting to play with this by forming it into the shape of a snap-deck. Maybe this weekend I will do some reworks of it if I have time.