Freeradical with e-bike conversion kit

  • Jeff Redding
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
      Hello All,

      Can an electric bike conversion kit be used on a freeradical. I have
      seen a photo of a rear hum ebike kit on a freeradical. I was thinking
      about putting a front wheel ehub on the rear wheel of my Cruzbike
      (which is front wheel drive).

      Can anyone tell me the dropout measurements of the freeradical and the
      dropout slope (dropout measurement to about five inches up the frame
      from the dropouts).

      And, any other input.

      thanks again,

      Jeff in Sarasota, FL
    • Morgan
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
        Hi Jeff,

        Notes on the install of the BMC hub motor directly on the Xtracycle: http://tinyurl.com/cpls95

        Pictures of my Big Dummy, with an eZee kit on the front: http://tinyurl.com/5rg6m3

        Video of comparing two high-power BMC motors on two Xtracycles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuPOj2SkgDc

        Dropouts on X are 135mm standard.

        Hope that helps-

        Best regards,
        Morgan
      • Mark Garvey
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
          On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Jeff Redding <jeffredding@...> wrote:
          Hello All,

          Can an electric bike conversion kit be used on a freeradical.

          I have been running a Currie USPD 24V on my Xtracycle for about 2 years and it works just fine.  My only difficulty has been the inevitable replacement of worn out batteries,  So far the e-assist has been safe, reliable and very inexpensive to operate

          MArk
          --
          "I just like to blow things up!"

          Papa Balloon