Re: Surly LHT or Bianchi Volpe

  • Jake Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2009
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "beckirk" <beckirk@...> wrote:

      > I am looking at replacing my 2001 Diamondback Interval (everything on
      > it is tired and will need replacing soon) to attach my Xtra to. My
      > LBS has a 2007 Bianchi Volpe for just over $800 and another LBS has a
      > 2009 LHT for $1100. Almost all of my riding is daily commuting of 7
      > miles round trip. I do plan to tour with it (eventually!). Any
      > thoughts on what might work better or any other suggestions for good
      > Xtra hosts?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Kirk

      ~~~Hey Kirk, Do you know about the Surly LHT/Cross Check group on
      Google? Dem Boyz will talk you into an LHT in nuthin flat=:-). Maybe
      you have been posting on there and I haven't read your posts. I've
      been kinda busy trying to resurect an HX espresso machine that hasn't
      pulled a shot in 4 years so I haven't kept up

      I've been riding an LHT for close to a year now, Xtrasized it last
      July. Depending on what frame fits you best, the larger LHT's use 700c
      wheels, so you will be very limited to tire selection out back with the
      X. If you roll w/the smaller frames, LHT's come with 26" wheels so no
      probl;ems...I only mention this as my LHT uses 700c wheels and it's a
      consideration that needs to be contemplated. I don';t use my XLHT to
      move sofas so I haven't had any problems with the wheelz or tires=:-)

      Jake
      Reddick Fla.