Re: [rootsradicals] +Re:Pizza Delivery

  • Dave Lloyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2009
      On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 00:06, Carrie Cizauskas <carrie@...> wrote:
      > Hey Joel,
      >
      > Funny that you should ask about carrying pizza by bike, as we just (2 days
      > ago or so), posted illustrated instructions on the Xtracycle blog on how to
      > build your own pizza carrier using Ikea hardware (or anything similar you
      > have lying around)! Here's the
      > link: http://www.xtracycle.com/2009/01/15/dit-pizzaloader/
      > The instructions are based my husband's and my very own pizza carrier, so we
      > can vouch for the fact that it works well. And, dare I say, it looks pretty
      > nice too.
      > carrie

      I looked at the plans and it struck me, why not add some tee nuts to
      the Snap Deck? That way you can leave the snap deck attached and add
      some other attachments (like the pizza carrier) to the top. All it
      would take is four tee nuts and four bolts to screw in to them. Not
      exactly quick release, but it doesn't take too long to remove four
      screws. I think it would be better yet to attach the snap deck with
      some 7/8" stainless P clamps. You can be assured that the snap deck
      won't detach with the P clamps, or if it does you have bigger problems
      to worry about.

      --dlloyd