New poll for rootsradicals

  • rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 7, 2009
      rootsradicals group:

      What's your favorite stoker handlebar style? C-bar, straight bar, stubby, big and wide? We
      want to know what you think works best, and of course, why.

      o C-bar
      o Straight bar
      o stubby
      o big and wide
      o riser
      o slight sweepback
      o drop bars

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 7, 2009
        rootsradicals group:

        What tire size do you run on your Xtracycle?

        o 26" x 1.5"-2"
        o 26" x 2.1"-2.3"
        o 26" x 2.3"-2.5"
        o 650B
        o 700c x 20c-25c
        o 700c x 26c-30c
        o 700c x 31c-35c
        o 700c x 36c-37c
        o 700c x 40c
        o 24"

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
      • Pete B
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 7, 2009
          I'd vote but my choice is not covered.

          Can you add 26" x 1"-1.5" ( I run 26"x1.25" Specialized Fat Boys)

          'Newspapers are unable, seemingly, to discriminate between a bicycle accident and the collapse of civilization' : George Bernard Shaw

        • Rick | Xtracycle, Inc
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 7, 2009
            Added it, but might've wiped the previous votes... doh! :D

            --
            graphic structuralist | rick@...
            888 537 1401 x709 | the original longtail company

              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 8, 2009
                That's confusing, I run 1.5" tyre.... Which means i'm in the 1" - 1.5" & 1.5" - 2.0" categories

                Cheers

                Bill
                On 2009-10-07, at 23:46 , Pete B wrote:

                Oops,

                Sorry 'bout that folks....

                graphic structuralist | rick@xtracycle. com

                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 8, 2009
                  Read that 1" 1.5" as 1"-1.4"

                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 9, 2009
                    Hey Rick,

                    Good idea with the tire poll. I'd also be interested in the percentages of rigid vs suspension forks.

                    I still ride my X off road frequently and really appreciate the suspension soaking up the bumps. The downside is a disturbing shimmy sometimes when loaded. I'Ve been looking for a rigid fork to try out with a larger volume tire, but so far can't find a 1" steerer tube with disc-brake mounts.

                    All the best,

                    Doug

                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 9, 2009
                      rootsradicals group:

                      How are you forkin' it? Rigid, suspension, none... :)

                      o Rigid Mountain
                      o Rigid Road
                      o Suspension 10mm-70mm
                      o Suspension 80mm-110mm
                      o Suspension 120mm-180mm

                      web site listed above.

                      Thanks!
                    • Carl Mears
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 9, 2009
                        Hi

                        Doug (xtratrek8000) mentioned he couldn't find a 1 inch fork with disc mounts

                        Here's a link to the one I use from Dimension.  It is sold as a cyclocross fork, but
                        works on my late '80s Bridgestone MB3 xtracycle just fine.  It is
                        a little longer axle to crown than the stock fork (400 vs about 385),
                        but that just made it easier to ride no hands!

                        I put a picture of the fork with a 2" knobby in the yahoo group photos so you can see the
                        clearance.  Now I am using a 2" big apple and there is plenty of clearance.
                        I can try a 2.35 big apple from my wife's bike to see if it fits if anyone is interested.

                        The only downside is that you have to modify fenders a bit to make them fit because of
                        the way the fork tapers at the top.

                        -Carl

                        On Oct 9, 2009, at 8:03 AM, xtratrek8000 wrote:

                        Hey Rick,

                        Good idea with the tire poll. I'd also be interested in the percentages of rigid vs suspension forks.

                        I still ride my X off road frequently and really appreciate the suspension soaking up the bumps. The downside is a disturbing shimmy sometimes when loaded. I'Ve been looking for a rigid fork to try out with a larger volume tire, but so far can't find a 1" steerer tube with disc-brake mounts.

                        All the best,

                        Doug

                        --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com wrote:

                        > rootsradicals group:
                        >
                        > What tire size do you run on your Xtracycle?
                        >
                        > o 26" x 1.5"-2"
                        > o 26" x 2.1"-2.3"
                        > o 26" x 2.3"-2.5"
                        > o 650B
                        > o 700c x 20c-25c
                        > o 700c x 26c-30c
                        > o 700c x 31c-35c
                        > o 700c x 36c-37c
                        > o 700c x 40c
                        > o 24"

                        > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/rootsradic als/surveys? id=2909027

                        > web site listed above.
                        >
                        > Thanks!

                      • David Dannenberg
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 9, 2009
                          Is the BD fork "rigid mountain" or "rigid road"? I voted "rigid road"
                          but...

                          Dave
                        • Rick | Xtracycle, Inc

                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 9, 2009
                              I'd say mountain. That's how I catagorized mine, since I put the Surly
                              1X1 on in place of the RockShox on the KHS.

                            • ama3655@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 9, 2009
                                 Is the BD fork "rigid mountain" or "rigid road"? I voted "rigid road"
                                but...

                                Dave

                                I called mine "rigid road" because that's where I ride it...I suppose you could put it on a mountain bike. Hopefully you can find a lighter, quicker mountain bike frame and fork than a Big Dummy. Maybe a nice Huffy?

                                I also voted in the tire size poll using my tire's labeled size. Many tires are no where near the size that they are labeled. Anybody actually measured their tires lately? Mine were within 10 mm or so, not too bad.

                                I alo vote in Fox News on line polls, they are probably just as accurate.

                                FatRob
                              • Pete B
                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 9, 2009
                                  I went "Rigid Mountain" for my BD as it's 26" and running mostly MTB components.

                                  Would be harder if I was running drops & brifters (or bar end shifters) as a couple I have seen are doing...

                                  Pete.B

                                  2009/10/10 <ama3655@...>

                                   Is the BD fork "rigid mountain" or "rigid road"? I voted "rigid road"
                                  but...

                                  Dave

                                  I called mine "rigid road" because that's where I ride it...I suppose you could put it on a mountain bike. Hopefully you can find a lighter, quicker mountain bike frame and fork than a Big Dummy. Maybe a nice Huffy?

                                  I also voted in the tire size poll using my tire's labeled size. Many tires are no where near the size that they are labeled. Anybody actually measured their tires lately? Mine were within 10 mm or so, not too bad.

                                  I alo vote in Fox News on line polls, they are probably just as accurate.

                                  FatRob

                                • Ben Rosenthal
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Oct 10, 2009
                                    I chose the tire size on the wheel connected to my FreeRad. I use a narrower tire up front.

                                    - Ben
                                    Alive (and Pedaling) to Save the Planet

                                    The economy sucks!, but can you spare ten bucks?