Re: [rootsradicals] Bike lights gone wild

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2009
      yikes!  Cool!  I too am nearly paranoid about riding at night. I do a lot of it.  On back I have a pair of blinkies, on front I have a powerful headlight in blink mode, on my helmet I have an LED headlight and a light similar to the Monkey llight on the front wheel as well as a "plethora" of reflectors from every conceivable angle, including UP!  (OK, well, not UP per say, but I am visible from up!)  I also have my flash flag on the bars!  and red reflective striping on the helmet.

      But then I ride to work twice a week at 2 AM!

      Cool Video!

      Mark

      On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Morgan <mcgurme@...> wrote:
      Given all the discussion we've had in the past about bike lights....

      Bike Lights Gone Wild: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVvhKATrW-Y

      It's a bit hard to make a good capture of bike lights on video, but this at least gives some
      idea of what my Firefly Big Dummy looks like lit up at night.

      Morgan

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      "I just like to blow things up!"

      Papa Balloon
    • Steve Lange
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2009
        From: "Morgan" <mcgurme@...>

        > Given all the discussion we've had in the past about bike lights....
        >
        > Bike Lights Gone Wild: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVvhKATrW-Y
        >
        > It's a bit hard to make a good capture of bike lights on video, but
        > this at least gives some idea of what my Firefly Big Dummy looks
        > like lit up at night.

        Wow(!)... I'd need a checklist for the startup sequence on that puppy!

        At some point I wonder if the drunks don't start to get target fixation on
        "over the top" setups like these? Not flaming, but I think it's an honest
        question. "Oh golly, wasssat? Ooo lookey all thuh perty lights... CLUMP...
        uuuh, wawazat?"

        In all honesty of course, I'm a little jealous ;-)

        Steve