Re: [rootsradicals] How to get a big heavy bike up the hill

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2009
      Yes, I've definitely noticed the slickness of paint (turn arrows,
      pedistrian crossing, lane indicators) when on a motorbike! The paint
      can raise the level of the road enough to catch a bicycle wheel.

      As for laying in a ditch upside-down, it is rather drastic instant
      feedback of having done something wrong!

      CL
      who well knows that we tend to be much more lucky than smart!

      Mark Garvey wrote:
      > On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 1:25 AM, Cara Lin Bridgman
      > <cara.lin@... <mailto:cara.lin@...>> wrote:
      >
      > I had a really interesting near wipe-out this week when my rear wheel
      > skidded on a painted turn arrow.
      >
      > Um...yeah....those suckers are slippery! any paint on the pavement will
      > be much more likely to dump you in the rain. Even in normal
      > conditions. Maybe it is more noticeable on motorcycles or something,
      > but I make it a habit to pull the bike upright on any painted bit on the
      > road. Motorcycle OR bicycle.
      >
      > My boss has a T shirt that says, "If you are laying in the ditch upside
      > down, you have just done something wrong!"
      >
      > He received it as a present from an "admirer" after he found himself
      > upside down in a ditch one morning!
      >
      > MArk
      > --
      > "I just like to blow things up!"